Cpi jetting?

Just wondering if anyone knows what jetting to use for CPI inframes, I run at glamis (sea level?) and I had it jetted to 340 mains. Well it leaned the motor out and it blew up (even though I checked the plugs 10 times) :confused: , one new banshee motor later I'm wondering what I should jet it to, 360? Any help is appreciated thanks

Edited by Ultimateduner

That sounds about right maybe a tad lean. I'm at 310 at considerably higher elevation. When you say you checked your plugs are you talking you just pulled them out to look or you did plug chops? Other factors may have contributed to the burn down too though: air leak, needle position, gas mixture etc. How quick did it burn down?

That sounds about right maybe a tad lean. I'm at 310 at considerably higher elevation. When you say you checked your plugs are you talking you just pulled them out to look or you did plug chops? Other factors may have contributed to the burn down too though: air leak, needle position, gas mixture etc. How quick did it burn down?

The motor never lasted more than a trip, the last time it only last 3 rides. When I had it redone I just took the plugs out to make sure the residue on the plugs was chocolate brown. I'm sure other factors contributed to it, but I'm positive the jetting was the main cause. ( no air leaks, mixture 25:1, ect.) I hope I get this right, the blow up was so bad on the previous motor the estimation for rebuild was $2500 (nothing in it was salvageable) , so I decided to start over and bought a new motor.

Edited by Ultimateduner

The motor never lasted more than a trip, the last time it only last 3 rides. When I had it redone I just took the plugs out to make sure the residue on the plugs was chocolate brown. I'm sure other factors contributed to it, but I'm positive the jetting was the main cause. ( no air leaks, mixture 25:1, ect.) I hope I get this right, the blow up was so bad on the previous motor the estimation for rebuild was $2500 (nothing in it was salvageable) , so I decided to start over and bought a new motor.

if you are running stock carbs you might want to check your needle position first 300 to 330 should be fine if its a stock motor with mild stuff. if you are running dyno jet needles they need to beset in the fourth notch from the top of the needle for glamis and your air mix screw should be one half turn out. if you are using 360 you ether have a air leak or alot of motor i guess i just put the same set up together last night for a customer and hes running 280 on t5s no porting