panting plastics?

clueless

i have unsuccessfully tried to paint plastic in many different applications. i am looking for any tips to painting plastics to avoid having to buy new ones. any tips would be appreciated. looking to try and prevent peeling, i know how to paint, but haven't had any luck with plastic.

• 7 years later...

Old post, but picked up a banshee a few months ago in pretty rough shape. cleaned it all up and made it look nice. the plastics were all scratched, faded, scuffed up, etc. They were pretty much at the point of no return.  Didnt really feel like spending 200+ dollars on new ones. I've painted plastics before using Krylon Fusion.  As long as you prep well and do it the right way, it will last for a very long time.  This time I decided to try something different. I got a few cans of bedliner spray (rhino liner), whatever youd like to call it.  Did about 3 light coats and it came out awesome.  This is very durable stuff. Holds up good and flexible.  Cheap way to make the bike look nice and not have to worry about paint chipping. will try to get a pic up

• 2 weeks later...