oil leaking from my shifter lever help

tommilo

very easy fix buddy. Just take off the shifter and side cover and get somthing to get behind the seal and pop her out...i used a old spring tool and it worked amazing....then get a socket and tap a new seal in. I think there like $8 from yamaha. no need to split the cases

oil is leaking out of where shfter lever goes into crakcase. anyone kow how to fix this? and parts i need? i hope i dont got to spliti open to fix. ay info great thanks

um to me it sounds like your shift shaft seal needs to be changed im having this problem right now and u dont have to split cases to fix

its pretty simple from wat i here from the guys on this site u drain the oil out take off stator cover and footpeg and tip the bike on the right side and use a drywall screw to pull the seal out once u got it out replace with the new one when replacing it use some sort of socket that fits over the shifter rod and thats the same size as seal and tap it in place

hope that helps

and your gonna need one of these kits

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/ne...ore_dept_id=259

but i think there like 15 bucks on ebay

um to me it sounds like your shift shaft seal needs to be changed im having this problem right now and u dont have to split cases to fix

its pretty simple from wat i here from the guys on this site u drain the oil out take off stator cover and footpeg and tip the bike on the right side and use a drywall screw to pull the seal out once u got it out replace with the new one when replacing it use some sort of socket that fits over the shifter rod and thats the same size as seal and tap it in place

hope that helps

and your gonna need one of these kits

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/ne...ore_dept_id=259

but i think there like 15 bucks on ebay

wow u guys respond fast as hell all that riting and it already ben three replys