single pipe, twin 28mm

TurboBanshee420

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sry I failed to mention these are keihins #'s

i would think that would be pretty close to where I am on the main. Not sure about the pilots. Its a bit rich on the mains during the day, but not at night. I think I will be dropping down on the pilots to somewhere around 42-45 and up to the middle on the needle.

I was just hoping someone out there is running 28pwk's on a single pipe and could tell me where they are at right now.

Not that I don't mind having a collection of jets :laugh:

For searching purposes....

stock airbox w/ proflo intake

"30mm" OKO carbs

stock intake

VF2 reeds

Mild porting

2-1 dynoport pipe

4mm stroker longrod

.60 over

500-1000ft elevation

ended up with....

150-152 mains

42-45 pilots

middle groove on needles

Warm/Cold Weather specs

Runs strong bottom to top... 94.2mph (gps) 16/40 gears on 22" klaws with some of 6th left to go.... if I had another 10hp it would see the top of 6th.

I have to disagree snop... That 2-1 is a really high revving pipe. My shearers zonked out around 9500... Never to make another peep. I have to say that the dynoport is pulling even harder from 9-11k. The only reason I can explain this is that when the mid-range kicks out then about 1k higher and that cylinder starts to steal the pulse from the cylinder 180 ahead of it. It pulls harder from 9k - up than it does from 5-8k. I never held it that long until I had the pipe for like a year. More noticeable in 3-5 gear. What a kick right in the pants though.... right when you think it's all done.

I noticed that twin pipes only have one good sweet spot. The single shares pulses at different rpms giving what feels like 3 seperate "powerbands". First around 2k it picks up a little bit, then again around 5k and again at 9k. I wish it would spin higher..... I love the sound of 10k+ rpms!!!

thoughts? Don't you run a single.... or is it a single carb?

Hmm, I have about 26 dyno graphs on my pc that never saw that pipe make power over 9k rpm on two different dynos. So I dont know where your getting the idea that it makes power to 11k, but thats ball park for a drag pipe, not a 2 into 1 pipe.

I run twin pipes and twin carbs.

dynodualcarb016.jpg

dynodualcarb016.jpg

Looks like it had some life left in it before the run was stopped. I don't know..... I would love to put a tach on just to see where the exact numbers fall. Sounds like you've had plenty of fun on the dyno.

It would be nice to get a few runs on the land and sea with this set-up. I've never run anything but the stock carbs on this pipe besides the single 38TMX. I mikuni's didn't really run very good with the dynoport. Maybe I didn't try hard enough before I dumped them and went to the single 38.

If you have a dyno available to you, break out the old dynoport and give a run until it just doesn't go any higher. Right around where that run is stopped is where everyone shifts. I don't. Trust me it sounds like an R-6 at redline when I keep pouring it on til shee's just screaming her guts out. :biggrin: :evil:

I got rid of them because of that reason. I suspect that those 34pj's were a bit too much for this motor.

The shearers are a mid-range pipe... aren't they? Most of the power was right around 7800-9k. If you ask me I like to ride WAY up high where all the power should be. In a perfect world this thing should be a raging bull from 7-10k. Which is why I like the single so much. I would have to say it's HIGHLY dependant on your set-up, weather or not a pipe will work the way it should for your bike. My porting is all in the casting. I didn't change the port timing or size in the sleeve wall. Didn't want to due to the constant changes I make to the set-up. No sence in making a drag bike for the trails... :ermm: Or a trail bike for the drags... :huh:

Daj... what are u running?

Doesn't anyone ride a single pipe here anymore?

I think what I have on my bike now is the cats ass for my trails. I would like to have a full cheetah, but that would defeat all the time and money I put into the turbo. Besides... I have a crew of 12 and I'm still the quickest and fastest of all of them. Seems none of these 450's are really something to talk about. The only bike I always have right on my ass is that damn 700 raptor. Could be the psycho riding it though. :blink: Not to mention they are all retarded loud with a pipe. At least i can say that my banshee doesn't HAVE to be loud until I want it to be.

PS... my buddy rides a yfz450 with all the trimmings. Even had it ported and tuned by a specialty shop somewhere out of state. I beat his ass with my fucking 96 saturn SL2 with 160k on the clock from a rolling start on crushed stone.... nuff said!

dynodualcarb016.jpg

Looks like it had some life left in it before the run was stopped. I don't know..... I would love to put a tach on just to see where the exact numbers fall. Sounds like you've had plenty of fun on the dyno.

It would be nice to get a few runs on the land and sea with this set-up. I've never run anything but the stock carbs on this pipe besides the single 38TMX. I mikuni's didn't really run very good with the dynoport. Maybe I didn't try hard enough before I dumped them and went to the single 38.

If you have a dyno available to you, break out the old dynoport and give a run until it just doesn't go any higher. Right around where that run is stopped is where everyone shifts. I don't. Trust me it sounds like an R-6 at redline when I keep pouring it on til shee's just screaming her guts out. :biggrin: :evil:

No it doesn't! You can tell it was done because the torque backup is at about 1,000rpm, and the hp line is flat. Its pretty obvious at this point you dont know what your talking about and you dont know anything about a dyno. This test was on a land and sea crank dyno. The range that made power was sampled, it did not have anymore left in it. The guy that ran the test knows what he is doing and he is the smartest guy I have ever personally known in case you feel like attacking his character.

Dynoport Pipes dont make power past 9k rpm. I guess next step is to get Rich Daly from Dynoport to tell you that. They dont make very awesome power either.

Edited by Snopczynski

Dynoport Pipes dont make power past 9k rpm. I guess next step is to get Rich Daly from Dynoport to tell you that. They dont make very awesome power either.

The ONLY exception to that would be on a turbo bike.

Dan Hull @ A&S (whose name speaks for itself as well) would disagree with that statement on a turbo bike...

Other than that...I'd agree.

Now...the pipe is modified as well...but it is a dynoport pipe...:)

The ONLY exception to that would be on a turbo bike.

Dan Hull @ A&S (whose name speaks for itself as well) would disagree with that statement on a turbo bike...

Other than that...I'd agree.

Now...the pipe is modified as well...but it is a dynoport pipe...:)

Thats a given, I am operating on the premise that he has not mentioned a turbo yet.