reeds?

jtraptor660

i have never looked at the back of V-3 but the hole in the back of V-2 looked at lot smaller than the back of my 39 PWKs, that seams like it chokes air flow I sold my V-2 and went with modded stock reeds.

It's not a matter of how big the hole is, it's how the air flows through the hole that makes the difference :thumbsup: If you are running a stock port engine, you probably won't notice any difference at all between stock cages, VF2's, and VF3's.

This topic was covered the other day in the mods and repairs section, a simple search would have provided answers. :beer:

To each his own but but the v3s didnt impress me as much as stock ported reeds while the v3s maybe better for trail riding with a snappier response they dont flow near as good as ported stock ones wot....

stock cages with low or mid tension reeds do better for trails.

VF2s and 3s both have their pros and cons.

2's make a couple more HP on the dyno...nothing you'll see at the track.

However

They have screws which can come out and hose a motor fast (which is why you loctite them!!) and because they are the older design, they're becoming harder to find replacements.

3's don't make the dyno HP 2s do...(again, won't see that on the track) and...that's about it....:)

OH, and they're pricey....LOL.

VF2s and 3s both have their pros and cons.

2's make a couple more HP on the dyno...nothing you'll see at the track.

However

They have screws which can come out and hose a motor fast (which is why you loctite them!!) and because they are the older design, they're becoming harder to find replacements.

3's don't make the dyno HP 2s do...(again, won't see that on the track) and...that's about it....:)

OH, and they're pricey....LOL.

Just outa curiosity Dave, I wonder if the stuffer was modified for the comparison test to match the intakes.. If not I can see how the 2's would make more power. I know when they first came out people were saying the 2's made more power.. but that was before people started using the cascade stuffers and matching the stuffer to the intakes.

V-force cages DO make more power on the drag motors... maybe I'll port up a set of stock cages and take them to the dyno with me in the next few weeks and see how well they do against the VF and SRP cages... somehow.. I know they wont fair too well...

RDZ drag ported 350 on alky. Each cage was properly tuned/jetted.. The carbon tech's are on ported cages.

124en88.jpg