best mix for new motor.

jrod

the same mix your going to be running. no need to change it. Too much oil on breakin is worse then what most people think. It does nto allow the rings to wear properly to get a nice snug seal.

32:1 is what i run that sound about right.

32:1 is what i run that sound about right.

1:32 is a good mixture. That's what most people run, I guess

It

Please show me the study that proved synthetic oil doesn't allow a motor to break in properly. Good luck, because there isn't one. In fact there is no hard and fast study that's ever proved or disproved any of the conventional "engine break-in" procedures that people so religiously follow.

First of all, it's a two stroke engine, not an F1 motor. The tolerances of the rings and pistons in the bore are incredibly loose in comparison to even a lawnmower engine, let alone a production vehicle engine. You can't apply the same principles broad-base to all engine designs.

It's funny how crazy some people go with breaking in their motors and almost nobody does the same thing when they take a car home from the dealership. Granted, most OEM produced engines use plateau honing on the bores which causes almost instantaneous ring seating, but even without that, piston rings wear themselves into the bores in a surprisingly short amount of time.

The best method for breaking in a motor is to use exactly the type of oil and amount that you plan on running for the life of the engine. To all those naysayers who want to claim otherwise, guess what comes in your Corvette, SKyline, Lancer Evo, BMW or Ferrari straight from the factory? Mobil 1 synthetic; since the auto manufacturers invest millions of dollars into engine development, I'd say that's a pretty good standard to follow.

Edited by ChippewaTSI94