4mil cub motor

wacko2000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must eat up those paddles up there though...

does anyone kno how to tell the yr of a banshee motor?

its on the first couple pages of the climer manual. it goes by the numbers on the case. if you PM me the numbers i`ll see what i can find. i dont have the book on hand but i`ll see what i can do.

first the timing plate and now tires?

so after all the fuckin tire and timing plate BS, you decided to go and switch? what prompted this?

I still use the vampire tires. But when I get serious I use the paddles. If I could find out were to get GBC paddle masters. I would use nothing else. As for the keyway. I agree the plate is better. Who dont? I still never saw one break. Im leaving the one in my KFX 700.

Yea, the jugs that are on my bike are mx ported, i have another set but there are bored .40 over..

might consider looking for a fresher set to have ported..

would bigger carbs make a bid difference also? like 33's without hurting the bottom end?

i might be interested in a little tradesy. my stock bore unported cylinders for you mx ported.

what bore are they on?

I might be late to this party but this is what I do to get more bottom end out of the Cub. When I degree these in sometimes the casting comes with too much height on the ports. It varies from casting to casting. I will run no base gasket to lower all the ports down. Then bring the transfers back up with the port tool. This leaves the exhaust height lower. I also turn down the base to get it even lower and again bring the transfers back up with the porting tool. Its no big secret. I would personally run a stock jug cylinder if I already had the stock jugs.

I might be late to this party but this is what I do to get more bottom end out of the Cub. When I degree these in sometimes the casting comes with too much height on the ports. It varies from casting to casting. I will run no base gasket to lower all the ports down. Then bring the transfers back up with the port tool. This leaves the exhaust height lower. I also turn down the base to get it even lower and again bring the transfers back up with the porting tool. Its no big secret. I would personally run a stock jug cylinder if I already had the stock jugs.

Cool, makes sense, Kevin, do you feel that there is much loss on the top? I think for a duner like mine, this would make good sense.

Cool, makes sense, Kevin, do you feel that there is much loss on the top? I think for a duner like mine, this would make good sense.

For most duner type riders the cub is already a perfect fit. In fact I port them more for the dunes. Not necessarily for more top end but make the power band it has stronger. This just means widening certain ports up and a few other goodies I do. I have never lowered a duner cubs ports down. I know people that do but its those tight woodsy dunes up on the north west coast.

For most duner type riders the cub is already a perfect fit. In fact I port them more for the dunes. Not necessarily for more top end but make the power band it has stronger. This just means widening certain ports up and a few other goodies I do. I have never lowered a duner cubs ports down. I know people that do but its those tight woodsy dunes up on the north west coast.

Yes, i agree. I love my motor for pismo/dumont type open riding. Oregon in the trees, me not likey so much :biggrin:

Could also try gearing lower for tree/tight trails riding...

Could also try gearing lower for tree/tight trails riding...

yes, this helps alot, i ran 13/41 gearing in oregon with a 22 inch tire. Just have to get used to clutching the shit out of her when ever you come off the "pipes" if you know what i mean. Honestly, for the type of riding we were doing, i hate to say it, but you cant beat the 4 pokes. I would blow by them like they were sitting still in the open stuff, but then they would kill me through the bushes and trees. i have a feeling your old alky raptor would have been the ultimate bike in that situation. Oh well, doesn't really matter, if I dont go back there for a long time I will be ok with it. I am going to stick to dumont/glamis and hopefully do an Idaho trip this year. We will see. Jeff, I will be calling you soon, i am going to get my cub torn down and see how bad I hurt it. I want to do a duneable override and possible have you do some port work. What the F, more power is alway better right? LOL :evil: