Dunes Thanksgiving 2008

MistBanshee

Going to the dunes this Thanksgiving, this will be my first trip ever. Have only seen pictures, videos and heard stories. We are going for the riding as well as people watching LOL

I hear Glamis is just wild during Thanksgiving! My friend said he will proably take us over to Desert Wells area just cause it is a little more "kid" friendly he calls it. Although we will be going to Glamis to watch folks.

Sounds like a fun trip and I am really excited to go. :banana:

Need to find rules and regulations etc for going to, if anyone has a good site to get information that would be great post here.

Anyone else going? How about anyone from Arizona heading over there for Turkey Day?

Going to the dunes this Thanksgiving, this will be my first trip ever. Have only seen pictures, videos and heard stories. We are going for the riding as well as people watching LOL

I hear Glamis is just wild during Thanksgiving! My friend said he will proably take us over to Desert Wells area just cause it is a little more "kid" friendly he calls it. Although we will be going to Glamis to watch folks.

Sounds like a fun trip and I am really excited to go. :banana:

Need to find rules and regulations etc for going to, if anyone has a good site to get information that would be great post here.

Anyone else going? How about anyone from Arizona heading over there for Turkey Day?

Unable to modify this so I am posting a reply, I meant to put we are going to Gordons Well.

Not Desert wells, that is a place we have rode at over here, sorry for the mess up. :confused:

i'll be at gordons for thanksgiving definately going to have fun the. some of the rules that they enforce are no riding doubles, dont speed near camps, drinking, helmets, and make sure you have your permits for your bike and truck, cant really think of anything right now but i'm sure you can find what you are looking for just do a search. Tom

Hey guys planning on coming out for thanksgiving. I think we are heading to glamis pretty much. I have 2 buddies driving out and i am going to fly into vegas and get picked up. Never been riding out west and i have no clue what to expect. Any info would be great!

Expect the time of life! you will have a woody from the time you lay your eyes on mother Glamis untill u force yourself to leave her! Hell you might even go home and pack your shit and come out west!!

Expect the time of life! you will have a woody from the time you lay your eyes on mother Glamis untill u force yourself to leave her! Hell you might even go home and pack your shit and come out west!!

Sounds like FUN! Not sure about having a woody myself though LOL :blush:

Maybe seeing a few :woot: would be ok :clap:

Edited by MistBanshee

Yeah dude we are pumped i dont know a whole lot about anything out there just saw some sick videos. Im gonna research it some more and try to be prepared!

Thats it chaalie do lotsa research and make sure u bikes in top shape! cause your gunna burn more gas than you ever have! are you camping? depending on when you get there will dictate where u get to camp! I like gecko road myself but its the first to fill up! on the east side of the dunes is what they call the washes never have camped there! I would check out glamisdunes.com you will find alot of usefull info over there and while your out here you might aswell go to dumont for a day or so! you will be in heaven there also and only about 2 hrs from vegas airport! dumontduneriders.com check it out 1 hope this helps..............dunedog805

Out all the folks on here what 5 or 6 people are going to Glamis/Gordon's for Thanksgiving this year?

Come on guys after all the I have heard and seen on the net about the Imperial Sand Dunes and holidays I find this hard to believe!

Who is going for TURKEY DAY IN THE SANDS? :beer:

Will be my first trip CAN'T WAIT! :banana:

Edited by MistBanshee

dont worry even though only a few people will reply on here and say that they will be there, there will be so many damn people there it looks like a city at night out there. just make sure to be careful watch were you camp its very easy to get turned around out there and it could take a while to find your camp, the first time i took my buddy to gordons last thanksgiving he wanted to go to the vendors by himself i told him he should go with some people but he didnt want to wait.... well it took him like an hour and a half to find camp. so just go out there have fun and be safe.