shee not running need help!

pt950

was riding upstate for hours, was doing jumps then started to get tired.i was riding slow and all of a sodden it was misfireing and stopped dead.50 kicks later started up but no power was popping out of rt cylinder then stopped dead.let it sit for a few min and would start right up with power then die.kept on doing this.dumped fuel from bowels and it started with power then died.if i let it sit it will start then die in 1 min.

when i dump fuel from the bowel screws it flows well.was reading about the tors system and i unplugged it , it wasnt the problem .need help please

check compression first, then clean your carbs and make sure the choke tube is hooked up. Put in a fresh set of plugs and see if that does anything. I would deffinally spend the $30 amd buy two carb rebuild kits if cleaning them doesnt help. It sounds like your floats are getting stuck and flooding out the engine

To me is sounds like your bowls are not getting the fuel they need. Are you running a fuel filter? How are your fuel lines routed? I had this problem one time. Turned out to be that the overflow hose on the gas cap was pinched and wouldnt let the fuel flow into the carbs. So if you let it sit for a minute the fuel would trickle down filling up the bowls. It would fire up and rip for a minute then die. Make sure your choke tube is connected in between the two carbs. What do your plugs look like? And its always good to do a compression check to see where you stand. Hope this helps.

i did compression check and i have 105 psi in left side and 108 psi on rt side i think thats good.now i will order the carb rebuild kit i hope that fixes it, and i checked the plugs and they were black.i dont think i blew it up.when i rebuild the carbs i will check the reeds.any other input would be helpful also i will check the screen on the gas valve

thanks again :confused:

Edited by pt950

i did compression check and i have 105 psi in left side and 108 psi on rt side i think thats good.now i will order the carb rebuild kit i hope that fixes it, and i checked the plugs and they were black.i dont think i blew it up.when i rebuild the carbs i will check the reeds.any other input would be helpful also i will check the screen on the gas valve

Actually check the gas cap vent as well. Did you make sure the choke tube between the 2 carbs

was securley in place like the other guys said? Also just to be sure throw in a new set of plugs.

Its worth the 4 bucks... Good luck man!

105 psi sounds low to me, provided that it is stock?

good compression on a stock engine should be

somewheres around 120 ~ 130 depending on where you are.

make sure you use a good tester.

Edited by Hilarious

put the plugs back in after compression check and tried to start.started right up ran fine for 2min then poping on rt side then got weak and died.now i will drain the gas and clean the carbs.cant wait to see the green stuff.checked the gas cap and tube its ok.the tube between the carbs is on so thats ok.it is a stock bike with turner pipes, fat boy silencers,kn filter,i think boiseen reeds, i will let you know when i take off the carbs.2001 shee in good condition i bought it a year ago only rode it 8times .it sat for over 8 months i just took it upstate with 6 other quads all 4strokers.they were impressed with the powerband. they didn't know how to ride it.i blew them all away.they had racing 450 honda somthings.well i had a great 2 days riding and it died 5 min before i was going to leave. pissed its not running now. got to go clean the carbs. thanks guys for the help.

removed carbs ,checked reeds, cleaned carbs ,reeds looked ok thou there was alot of black carbon behind the reed cages.cleaned that.reinstalled carbs etc fueled up started up and ran great for 3 min then poping on both sides and when you feel the exaust theres a little bit and when it pops a big amount of exaust comes out .whats next guys :confused:

i would check the flywheel and stator. ive had a lot of experience with flywheels coming loose, keyways shearing off, and stators coming lose on these things. did you run it without gas cap on? maybe youi can take air tube off back of carbs and see if its really dieing out due to lack of fuel or maybe something else. good luck

I agree with it being electrical. Double check all your connections, clean all your grounds, pull your side cover and check your pickup gap, go through the basics. Test your coil, check your coil wires and boots.

Also check out BenB's post on electrical troubleshooting, it will walk you through the electrical system step by step.

good luck!

well i still need help

did comp check 108 on both sides

i cleaned the carbs

i changed the spark plugs

checked the tube between the carbs

checked the kill and key switch

disconnected the tors

found out that the previous owner zip tied the coil on

bought used cdi coil regulator swapped all of them

the bike ran for 3 min idled ok and then died

wtf?? i need some help here guys should i get a stator?? checked it its ok with an ohm meter

this time it ran no popping just died wont re start :confused:

Pull the reed cages out...check for chipped or cracked reeds.

Drain all the gas, remove the fuel valve from the tank, make sure the pickup screens are clogged with shit.

Make sure the vent line is working on the gas tank.

If it's black and carbon'd all up, one of two things. It's getting too much fuel, or it's not getting enough spark to ignite it all.

When you say you cleaned the carbs...did you actually remove each one, remove everything in the carbs, including the needle and seat, all the brass, etc., and use carb or brake clean..

Or did you just take the bowls off and spray them off. Holes that are a few thousands big can get plugged and make it for bad/rough running...I usually use a speaker wire, etc. to clean some passages and pilot jets, etc.

well i still need help

did comp check 108 on both sides

i cleaned the carbs

i changed the spark plugs

checked the tube between the carbs

checked the kill and key switch

disconnected the tors

found out that the previous owner zip tied the coil on

bought used cdi coil regulator swapped all of them

the bike ran for 3 min idled ok and then died

wtf?? i need some help here guys should i get a stator?? checked it its ok with an ohm meter

this time it ran no popping just died wont re start :confused:

Dude, you are working two threads for the same issue?