best pipes for a shee

jimbojones

Holy Shit, you guys sold this guy on some pipes without ever even telling him a trail pipe and a dune pipe combo dont exist. Is frogger the only one who asked the question that needed to be asked? Not to mention I wouldn't even buy a set of trinity pipes with stolen money for my worst enemy to run on his bike.

Lets do this the right way.

What type of riding do you do as the vast majority?

What mods do you plan to do later?

The vf3 reeds are pretty much only gonna make a difference on a drag or top end motor. So using them for trail riding is not doing you much good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And HOW MUCH $$ do you have to spend...:)

All around good pipes are T5s, T6s (don't listen to the mod argument, basic mods and mild porting work just fine on them, T5's are just older, and cheaper to buy), Trinity IV and FMF.

How do you ride, where do you ride, and how much you got to spend? That is the question.

Unless you plan on going full on out drag racing, most pipes have different characteristics to suite your riding style.

Aside from pipes and motor work, the proper suspension and tire/gearing combo is every bit as important, if not more so.

Holy Shit, you guys sold this guy on some pipes without ever even telling him a trail pipe and a dune pipe combo dont exist. Is frogger the only one who asked the question that needed to be asked? Not to mention I wouldn't even buy a set of trinity pipes with stolen money for my worst enemy to run on his bike.

Lets do this the right way.

What type of riding do you do as the vast majority?

What mods do you plan to do later?

The vf3 reeds are pretty much only gonna make a difference on a drag or top end motor. So using them for trail riding is not doing you much good.

the type of rideing i do is mostly dunes bro....bit of trail 2...but mostly sand dunes/the mods i wanna do later will be cool heads doms,cabis,port head, air filter,v force reeds if i need them....,in the future 430cc cheater kit...but thats in 2 years from now...i am a rokie bro...dont no shit....need some advice bro...what should i do...

You got the facts mixed up on T5's and T6's. T6's are for a stock engine, T5's are better if you plan on modding later.

T5's or Fatties, both are proven and fairly inexpensive. :thumbsup:

true bud i messed up ...thanks for the input

And HOW MUCH $$ do you have to spend...:)

All around good pipes are T5s, T6s (don't listen to the mod argument, basic mods and mild porting work just fine on them, T5's are just older, and cheaper to buy), Trinity IV and FMF.

How do you ride, where do you ride, and how much you got to spend? That is the question.

Unless you plan on going full on out drag racing, most pipes have different characteristics to suite your riding style.

Aside from pipes and motor work, the proper suspension and tire/gearing combo is every bit as important, if not more so.

just wanna get pipes,air filter, cabis,cool head domes,..wanna speng like $2300 aus$..i dont really wanna drag it...just wanna get the most power i can...later on maby 430cc cheatea...thats 2 years from now..

the type of rideing i do is mostly dunes bro....bit of trail 2...but mostly sand dunes/the mods i wanna do later will be cool heads doms,cabis,port head, air filter,v force reeds if i need them....,in the future 430cc cheater kit...but thats in 2 years from now...i am a rokie bro...dont no shit....need some advice bro...what should i do...

whats this cheater kit? are you talking about a cheetah cub cylinder?

thanks..what pipes u recond will suite me

Your going to run into people liking every other pipe out there... You are doing your research and that is good. You need to talk to a builder and thats why everyone is asking what your mods will be so they can match everything for you so everything working together. But all in all. and after market pipe is a great mod to start with if you know the direction you are going into and what you want from your bike. I for one went with the fattys and love the hell out of them... I do dunes in the winter and trails in the summer and those pipes seem to do just fine. But the top end is a little flat but hell im not drag'n so it doesnt bother me. and as for upgrading to the big bores for pipes i cant even put a finder on that. But this is the place to find out.

If you build a bike right and tune it well, you can make some un-understood pipes work well for you. I run a low-mid pipe and have a redline of around 8700-9000 rpm. I only ride sand, and I drag race and ride the dunes, sand trails, and idiot holes as well. It does exceptionally well drag racing. It will most of the time win, but it stays right on the tail of well tuned 350's with big carbs and mid-top pipes. You need to decide where you want your power delivery to be, then we can point you in the right direction.

He told me via PM he wants it for trails and the dunes. I told him I would recommend Trinity's BECAUSE HE SAID HE LIKED THEM RIGHT FROM THE START.

Trinity pipes have a broad powerband and are great for that. They have a strong top and mid which is also perfect.

He is going to get a port later to accomodate his riding style, and the Trinitys would be good as well for that... I know since I had them before and after porting and motor work.

If you build a bike right and tune it well, you can make some un-understood pipes work well for you. I run a low-mid pipe and have a redline of around 8700-9000 rpm. I only ride sand, and I drag race and ride the dunes, sand trails, and idiot holes as well. It does exceptionally well drag racing. It will most of the time win, but it stays right on the tail of well tuned 350's with big carbs and mid-top pipes. You need to decide where you want your power delivery to be, then we can point you in the right direction.
were i want power delivery most is mid range...not really out there to drag race...cheeres

Your going to run into people liking every other pipe out there... You are doing your research and that is good. You need to talk to a builder and thats why everyone is asking what your mods will be so they can match everything for you so everything working together. But all in all. and after market pipe is a great mod to start with if you know the direction you are going into and what you want from your bike. I for one went with the fattys and love the hell out of them... I do dunes in the winter and trails in the summer and those pipes seem to do just fine. But the top end is a little flat but hell im not drag'n so it doesnt bother me. and as for upgrading to the big bores for pipes i cant even put a finder on that. But this is the place to find out.

true bud...the funny thing is that theres not much builders in australia ...theres like 2 i herd of...so not much options for me