what kind of power to expect?

2strokecook

i recently poped my motor (which was stock, except pipes) and am building one, i am currious about to what power gain i will be seein with the mods i am doin... so here it is... the bore is 64.5, stock stroke, wiseco prolite piston (any good?), about a stage two port job, a cool head with 21 cc domes, and i have some fmf fatty's on there, but maybe a lookin at some paul turner pipes, and just heard about a 200w stator and after market flywheel, and advance timin about 4 degrees or so....... just let me know what ya think, any input is appecieated.

is it like a dune/play port job??? Get some CPI in frame drags with the appr carb jetting. Maybe upgrade to a bigger carb. Possible get a 4mil stroker. Do the timing +4 but with the adj plate not the key so you can really dial it in. Coolhead yes, 21cc domes maybe??? Not good with any of that stuff.lol. Other than that sounds good. You shoul get a decent power gain and have a nice little rocket. What suspension are you going to run??? Ext swinger, axel. You doing this for sand, mx, drag what???

the port it is basically a dune/ play, it isn't too extreme, why not the 21cc domes? i really want to run just pump gas not racing fuel, i ride quite a bit and the race fuel would get really pricey for my riding habbits..... i had a chance for some cpi in frames, but think they gone now.. ( i will see). i have heard many things about ricky stator stuff, i have heard junk but alot of the serious draggers around here us them with out problems... i running the stock suspension, i had a +4 swing arm but didn't like it, sucked on trails and track (of course). and does any one run the pro design intakes? i am replacing mine and i was figuring the less rubber to dry rot and crack the better, since a air leak is what put me in this situtation..... thanks for the info..

Edited by 2strokecook

If you want to stay with pump gas then you will need to be in the 145-150 compression range and with a mild play port you should get that running 19cc domes. You will want to choose the set of pipes you will be running before the porting is done. (If you have that option)you will get way better results out of your porting. Curious who are you having do the work? have more questions feel free to ask!

a local builder is doin my port work, he ports and does motor work/ building, as for the carb i am unaware of where i should go with them, i would go with maybe a lil bigger carb but, money is an object, and i could probly find some for a good used one though some of the local draggers, just don't know what size to look for. my elevation is about 800ft. i will probly start with the 21cc domes just cus they are in the head and i get get it for a hell of a deal, but ya don't think 19 with raise my compression too much, for my stock crank and rods?

Your compression will be about 170. (Assuming it's not in need of a rebuild or anything.)

21 or 20 cc domes will keep you under 160.

I'd get smaller domes and keep it away from race fuel...but it's up to you.

Your compression will be about 170. (Assuming it's not in need of a rebuild or anything.)

21 or 20 cc domes will keep you under 160.

I'd get smaller domes and keep it away from race fuel...but it's up to you.

yea i want to run pump gas, i am rebuilding it and the top end will be new.. so no i wouldn't need one.. the head has 21's so it should work out good.