DG pipes and silencers are they good?

907banshee

There are much better out there for sure. The thing about pipes are that every pipe will deliver power at different ranges.

Paul Turners, Pro Circuits and FMF's (most of them) will deliver down low and mid range. That is really good if you like to trail ride.

CPI's, Shearers, etc. will be more favored towards the top end. Cpi's hit a little earlier than Sheaers. They are both primarily top end pipes, which is why they are favored by most drag racers and serious duners.

My trinitys are a drag capable pipe. Have great top end, just the pull you would get from an all out top end pipe. They have a good miderange and pull very hard into the top. Toomey T5's are very similar as well.

In my case, this is what I need. I was thinking about switching but I didn't and don't plan to. I need a little midrange to get started on these hills around here before I lay down the wood (top end). So this is good for me.

You need to think about what you want them to do, they choose a pipe from there. Same thing with porting.

I have a set. I like the way they sound... meatier than toomeys.

The chrome near the cylendars is not holding up really well.

It is hard to get to the petcock without touching the pipe.

They get in the way a little when changing plugs.

I don't have a good power comparison, but no one has ever been disappointed by the performance when they ride it (but what do they know either)

DG is not a bad pipe. a friend of mine has a set. i seen how they work and i seen him shoot up mountains w/ them pipes. you can get better and personally i wouldnt buy them but i wouldnt think twice on replacing stock pipes with them if the price was right.

I have a set and I love them. They are a great trail pipe. They are better then stock because they weigh less and sound 100% better. I'll admit they aren't the best pipe out there but they do a good job at smoothing out the power band delivery and bring it in nice and early in the rpms. Plus have an awesome pop sound to them with out the packing.

Check out my video on you tube for the sound.

I have a set and I love them. They are a great trail pipe. They are better then stock because they weigh less and sound 100% better. I'll admit they aren't the best pipe out there but they do a good job at smoothing out the power band delivery and bring it in nice and early in the rpms. Plus have an awesome pop sound to them with out the packing.

Check out my video on you tube for the sound.

i saw them like a week ago on your youtube my scrreen name was motozach

For about the same $$ FMF's will absolutely kill them in performance all the way around. I have not been real impressed with the DG's, sure they are better than stock...but not much. My advice is to save your money towards getting a better set. For midrange pipes you can't go wrong with Pro-circuits, FMF's or PT mids.

-slo

For about the same $$ FMF's will absolutely kill them in performance all the way around. I have not been real impressed with the DG's, sure they are better than stock...but not much. My advice is to save your money towards getting a better set. For midrange pipes you can't go wrong with Pro-circuits, FMF's or PT mids.

-slo

+1 I'll agree but you cant complain about free either! :thumbsup:

I'd run them, I had DG's on my first trail setup, they sounded good, performed well, and IMO an excellent woods pipe.

If I were in the market to buy a set of pipes, they wouldn't be my first choice, but like mentioned before, if the price is right and you're replacing stock pipes, I'd go for it.

I'd run them, I had DG's on my first trail setup, they sounded good, performed well, and IMO an excellent woods pipe.

If I were in the market to buy a set of pipes, they wouldn't be my first choice, but like mentioned before, if the price is right and you're replacing stock pipes, I'd go for it.

thanks for the advise...

prolly go for dg if there cheap cuz i live in alaska and it mostly trails

• 4 months later...

I have ridden banshees with fmf(mine, personally), pt mids, t5, dg and shearer.

for ana all around pipe, or good woods pipe, imo is the fmf. i had dg first b/c of the price, and it was better than stock, but i just wasted the money, cuz i dumped them and bought fmf later. teh pt mids were very nice though as well. the t5 are my favorite for the dunes, but suck in the woods, you will wear out ur clutch hand trying to keep he revs up.

i persoanlly sat on here for a few weeks and on ebay. i got my fmf for 200$ pipes and silencers....i cant imagine a better deal personally. keep your eye out, the economy sucks and i keep finding ppl hard up for cash.....sad, but at least to my advantage....