Carb Upgrades

Stock motor and stock exhaust.

Looking to ditch the stock carbs for something a little better. Have heard this greatly helps the power band and efficiancy.

What are my options, what are the positives and negatives

I plan on keeping everything pretty stock, I will probubly do the reeds and air filter with the carbs...

What carbs would suit a stock bike best?

Anyone have a set available?

Thanks

Stock motor and stock exhaust.

Looking to ditch the stock carbs for something a little better. Have heard this greatly helps the power band and efficiancy.

What are my options, what are the positives and negatives

I plan on keeping everything pretty stock, I will probubly do the reeds and air filter with the carbs...

What carbs would suit a stock bike best?

Anyone have a set available?

Thanks

Carbs are not your best bet on a stock motor. Get pipes, porting, then do your intake. Your lookin at 1500 bucks for a strong running motor (stock stroke/bore) with pipes and carbs. If i were you id get some pipes, then it all starts from there. You cant keep a banshee stock, been there done that. :biggrin:

The other side to the story is that, the banshee is new to me and the previous owner did some buchery to the carbs. Damage to the carb bodys, striped threads, mangled parts. So I am going to want to get another set of stock carbs anyway? I don't have the money to invest right now in a full exhaust, or motor work. So,

would I be better to find a used set of stock carbs, or is there a set of some other type of carbs that would complement a stock setup?

Do any of you have a set of good condition stock carbs? How much? I put a post in the want to buy section for stock carbs as well...

Thanks,