Running carbs dry

Okay I've had two strokes since the beginning of my time. 

When I store this banshee I run her out of fuel until she dies and that is all I have ever done. I am aware of the oil mixture etc..etera  I run standard 32:1 However I have read  and been told by very knowledgeable tuners/builders w  quite a bit of 2-stroke road racing knowledge and they said @ (idle with not under load) there should be plenty of oil/fuel mixture  to prevent problems even sometimes with rather extreme lean oil mixtures etc...  

Now I've never had a problem in 35-40 years of this just wondering what's some of your opinions are regarding this subject.. I only run AV100 non ethanol, or race fuel from various manufacturers Sunco, VP ,F&L. Mainly for the motor primarily to avoid carburetors gumming up with the crappy ethanol pump fuel. it ain't perfect but it's the only thing I found that stops the carbs from gumming up within 2 weeks I have seven motorbikes I don't have time or money to f*** with these things due to the bad fuel. 🤪 I'm sure I am not alone in that department fuel stabilizers didn't do s*** so it's race fuel in all my motorcycles street bikes dirt bikes etc.

Anyways let me know what you guys think on any of the above,  it's always good to listen to others as often you can  learn a tip or two you've never heard of.

I'm also old, but of the opposite camp. I leave the tank and carbs full. Sometimes up to 6 months.

I also put non ethanol fuel in every single thing I own, without exception.

I think the only reason not to drain is for moisture attraction, steel tanks being the worst.

I'm sure though that there is plenty of residual oil even idling it dry to not cause any damage.

I'm sure I've pulled my carbs apart with all the fuel evaporated leaving nothing but oil in the bowl anyway.

I say do whatever works for you.