Removing Gold Anodizing From Stock Wheels

Fox73-Zz

I am trying to get that damn gold off my wheels, but it isn't working. I sprayed them with Easy-Off (oven cleaner) and let them sit....They became clean and shiny, but still gold. Does anybody have any tips for getting it off? (I have muratic acid at my disposal as well, if that would work better) Note: it is around 40 deg F outside now. I figured that would affect it, but not keep it from working at all. Thanks

Edited to fix spelling

Yeah, I think I skimmed it before the boards were changed, but after I tried it and it didn't work, I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything. I tried both the blue can, fume free, cold formula easy off, and the original heavy duty yellow can easy off. I let them sit on the surface for 10-30 mins (different applications). Both made the surface hazy, but didn't take it off. I also tried phosphoric acid, but it didn't do anything either. The only thing I can think is that the cold is really slowing the process down (which chemically makes sense). If it is going to be this much trouble, I will just wait until I have the skins to buy new wheels.

Tips from anybody who has taken the gold off?