Ambush Tire Durability

I'm in the market for new tires and I'm considering these as an option. I've read previous posts on the tires, so I know traction is good, they are  four ply, and the rubber compound is soft. My concern is with sidewall punctures because I ride in PA where there tends to be a lot of rocky terrain. Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially from riders in PA that have tried these tires. Thanks

I've had Klaws in the past and that is what I have now. I have never had any issues with them and they work excellent for me. I have 75% tread left on them and the one got a sidewall puncture this past weekend. So its either by one brand new Klaw and have a tread mismatch or buy a set of Ambush for a little more money. 

I have been using them on my 75hp and 85hp bike since the beginning of last year with no issues at all. I ride upstate NY so that means everything from sharp rock trails to root rutted trails and stone trails. Also I do a lot of pavement road riding with some dirty sand ridding mixed in. I always used the maxxis razr2 tires because of the 6 ply and the same concerns you have, but after trying the ambush I will never go back to the razr2 rears. I would pay razr2 prices for a tire that performed as well as the ambush but I just bought another ambush set yesterday online for $115 shipped (22x10x9 no rims) that’s cheaper than one razr2 tire!

GBC XC MASTERS

You get the best of both worlds.

Razr2 design with cheap tire pricing.

1/2 the cost of Razr 2's and still high quality ply count.

I live in Kentucky and i bought the ambush back when i needed replacements, they are soft but other then having a nail in one of them they have not had a sidewall get punctured. Got some pretty heavy hits on my rims and there holding up fine in these mountains. About all i ride are rocky trails, hills, old coal banks creek beds rail roads and such and there doing perfect for the price..   but they do say 2 ply on the fucking wheel..  :down:  was definitely bummed on that when i got them and expected almost immediately for the sidewall to rip wide open But i have no complaints on them. I think they look nice as well. 

Ive narrowed it down to either the Ambush or GBC XC MASTERS. I'm just tired of buying two tires for a couple hundred and after a couple months of moderate use you get a sidewall blowout. I have Kenda Klaws now which I like, but even with six ply it still happens. I can buy one Kenda Klaw, but there will be a tread mismatch now. If this were to happen to either the Ambush or GBC XC MASTERS, I'll just buy a new set for 140 and call it a day.