whats next?

twinzr900

ok i trail ride and ride fast down paved back roads. my current set up is D&D trail port and cool head (pump domes) (and wanna stay w/ pump gas),cpi pipes,v-force 3 reeds w/ spacers,k&n filter no lid and snorkel. (ride some mud),hot rods 4 mil stroker rank w/ 5 mil long rods. bored .20 over wesico pro lites. i still run stock carbs which i know is choking the motor alot. so what should i do next.

i was looking at 34 lectron carbs. or 35 air strikers. any other suggestions would help and any big bore kits or cylinders i can get to make more HP thats more trail friendly then the cubs? thanks.

you will benefit hugely from a bigger set of carbs

what brand/type carb you choose is up to you but as long as its around 35mm, and you team them up with a new intake and vf3 reeds, you will probably gain 7-10hp.

i would upgrade the carbs before you resort to an aftermarket top end, if you still want more power at least you can use the same intake/carb set up on the new top end (if its a cub)

also something to think about is ignition timing.

you will benefit hugely from a bigger set of carbs

what brand/type carb you choose is up to you but as long as its around 35mm, and you team them up with a new intake and vf3 reeds, you will probably gain 7-10hp.

i would upgrade the carbs before you resort to an aftermarket top end, if you still want more power at least you can use the same intake/carb set up on the new top end (if its a cub)

also something to think about is ignition timing.

i do have an adjustable timing plate i forgot to list that its set on plus 2 oe 3 now i cant remeber.

So do you want a trail bike or a fast drag or speed oriented bike?

Your parts are all over the map here, and none of them are matched up to each other.

What compression is it? Pump gas domes can be anywhere from 90psi all the way up to 165psi.

Are the domes machined, or is there a spacer plate on this thing? Do you know what the exhaust duration is? Whats your squish at? Did you assemble the motor, or did the builder do it?

I ask all this, because you want to make sure you have done everything right so far before you go throwing more parts on it.

I agree with snop on this one. Are you trying to build a good trail motor or an aggressive play/drag motor. Where are you wanting more power, in the top end or bottom to mid. 35mm carbs are way overkill on a trail motor. The CPI's are working against your current portwork(if it is in fact a trail port). If you want a good midrange trail motor, ditch the CPI's in favor of some Pro-Circuits, PT mids or even FMF's. Go no larger than 30's for carbs, preferably 28's. You'll see a huge bottom to mid increase. Timing was also mentioned and a good mod whatever you decide to build. If you want a strong top end motor, keep the CPI's and have the portwork matched to them. 32-35mm carbs would be ideal for that setup. As mentioned you will want a longer swingarm if you go this route. Or go somewhat middle of the road with the same pipes metioned earlier or even T-5's and no larger than 32's for carbs. It would help a ton to know where your exhaust and transfer durations are at, so I could recommend the perfect pipe to get the most out of your portwork. Hope that all helps a little.

I agree with snop on this one. Are you trying to build a good trail motor or an aggressive play/drag motor. Where are you wanting more power, in the top end or bottom to mid. 35mm carbs are way overkill on a trail motor. The CPI's are working against your current portwork(if it is in fact a trail port). If you want a good midrange trail motor, ditch the CPI's in favor of some Pro-Circuits, PT mids or even FMF's. Go no larger than 30's for carbs, preferably 28's. You'll see a huge bottom to mid increase. Timing was also mentioned and a good mod whatever you decide to build. If you want a strong top end motor, keep the CPI's and have the portwork matched to them. 32-35mm carbs would be ideal for that setup. As mentioned you will want a longer swingarm if you go this route. Or go somewhat middle of the road with the same pipes metioned earlier or even T-5's and no larger than 32's for carbs. It would help a ton to know where your exhaust and transfer durations are at, so I could recommend the perfect pipe to get the most out of your portwork. Hope that all helps a little.

I agree.

So what do you want, not what is it right now?

Sorry to be off topic but this sight is great man yal have great info and are really helping ppl out. thats cool :cool:

also are yal saying the CPI's are working against him because they are for more of a speed/drag bike than a trail bike? and what kind of porting are yal saying goes with them. cause i plan or building an aggressive play/drap bike soon and i have pro-circuits and if cpi's are better for me and you want some pro circiuts pm me if you wanted to trade or something.

Edited by POORBOY350