How to tell year?

OKCterror

I have a so called 90 banshee, but i was reading my clymer book and it says 87 was the only year for the single top wishbone on the front suspension instead of the 88 and up double a arms. Is there a vin number decoder i can use or something special that marks each year?

I have a so called 90 banshee, but i was reading my clymer book and it says 87 was the only year for the single top wishbone on the front suspension instead of the 88 and up double a arms. Is there a vin number decoder i can use or something special that marks each year?

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73599

it

87-90 had the J-arms. The single top arm that looks like a J and the regular bottom arm. 91-09 have a-arms.

In 1995 they changed the electrical plug connecters. So you can't put a 95 wiring harness on a 94 and lower without swapping out all the other stuff, stator, etc.

Also I believe in 2002 they added a tail light. Not just a brake light.

there still has to be a way to tell what year my motor is. I know it was replaced by a speed shop in okc but other than that im stumped. This thing has nasty power and runs with the best of them. Its not the fastest out there but i hold my own. I dont think a stock shee motor would do all of that.

not trying to steal the thread but my 10th digit is a K which makes it a 89. but it has a arms on top and they look completely stock. my friend has a 95 and our a arms are identical. the brackets that weld to the frame are the same and the welds are the same as all the others, so i dont think its a conversion kit or anything....?????