Will I need to re-jet?

mackshell

Will I need to re-jet with a K&N filter and filter box lid? I have a stock banshee and know nothing about re-jetting and would prefer not to.....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

If you dont want to rejet your own fucking banshee you have got the wrong bike man...

Yes you will.Go 4-6 sizes larger on the mains,adjust the air screws,add one on the pilots if necessary.

If you prefer not to learn,your not gonna understand what I just wrote :shoothead: .

My best advise for you is take it to a shop and let them do it.

Yes you will.Go 4-6 sizes larger on the mains,adjust the air screws,add one on the pilots if necessary.

If you prefer not to learn,your not gonna understand what I just wrote :shoothead: .

My best advise for you is take it to a shop and let them do it.

4-6 sizes larger main!!!!!!!!? for adding a k&n filter!?

and possibly a larger pilot?!??!?

i hope this is a joke

any any machine with carburators needs tuning and rejetting, even EFI quads needs tuning, but its all done externely on a little computer, or fuel controller , nothing is gas and go, temperature, elevation, mods, everything effects jetting, and will do so on a 4 stroke or 2 stroke, learn now, its very simple, if u can work a screwdriver and wrench, you can rejet a carburator..

Edited by Michael Jackson

i hope this is a joke

any any machine with carburators needs tuning and rejetting, even EFI quads needs tuning, but its all done externely on a little computer, or fuel controller , nothing is gas and go, temperature, elevation, mods, everything effects jetting, and will do so on a 4 stroke or 2 stroke, learn now, its very simple, if u can work a screwdriver and wrench, you can rejet a carburator..

Dude... If you add a K&N filter and K&N airbox lid (which i think he is saying) you will for sure need 4-6 sizes... Its "almost" the same as taking the lid off... If its the stock lid I'd try 2-3 sizes maybe...

i hope this is a joke

Am I joking????Your wrong,edit your post again.....

Yes its the K&N lid.... I will be performing my first ever re-jet... I hope its easier than surgery on an eppiglotic hemangioma....? Somebody point me to a easy jetting article, HOW TO?

Check the top of this forum,,,the sticky's by sredish will help..

Or google banshee Jetting FAQ like mdhc500 said.

Could omeone point me to the jetting faq by benbb? cannot find it in the search and would like to reference.

Here man....

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

Edited by savage420

Dude... If you add a K&N filter and K&N airbox lid (which i think he is saying) you will for sure need 4-6 sizes... Its "almost" the same as taking the lid off... If its the stock lid I'd try 2-3 sizes maybe...

its "almost" the same as taking the lid off,,, only less air.. even with the lid off and a k&n filter you dont need to go up 4-6 main jet sizes... a stock banshee has 220 mains at sea level correct? so he should run 260-280 main with STOCK pipes? sorry NO WAY, the bumping up the pilot jet one size is even worse though! dont do that! i cant believe other people are actually agreeing with this...if u plug chop it i bet youll be around a 240 or so with the stock pipes

Edited by Michael Jackson