elevation changes

Rodneya

I have recently added FMF fattys and a K&N with mod quad adapter to my banshee and set the jetting for sea level with the sites help. She runs great with no bog, maybe a little rich but I can live with that.

My question is.

I ride mostly on forestry trails in BC and can go from around sea level to above 4000 feet in a few hours riding. I understand that this will make the mixture richer.

If I ride for long periods at higher elevation than I am set up for, will it help to remove the air box lid to flow mare air or will it make too little difference to the mixture.

Setup:

2003 Banshee, stock engine

FMF Fattys

K&N

Air box with lid and no snorkel.

300 Mains

27.5 pilots 2 turns out on the air screw

Temperature around 68

dont quote me i have a hard time explaining things right. First 98 percent of banshee riders dont run the stock air box with filters if you have a cover run it without the lid. it wont change much in the jetting though. higher elavations will not change your mix. If you ride in higher elavations more then sea level i would change my jetting. the diffrence is running to rich or two lean. you wont want to run real rich or real lean for a long period of time though. it takes away performence in your bike. but to answer your question it will improve some air flow to take the lid off but make sure your not getting sand and dirt passed the filter or you will be in for some work. lol also I dont know the jetting specs for sea level so someone else will have to help you there.

dont quote me i have a hard time explaining things right. First 98 percent of banshee riders dont run the stock air box with filters if you have a cover run it without the lid. it wont change much in the jetting though. higher elavations will not change your mix. If you ride in higher elavations more then sea level i would change my jetting. the diffrence is running to rich or two lean. you wont want to run real rich or real lean for a long period of time though. it takes away performence in your bike. but to answer your question it will improve some air flow to take the lid off but make sure your not getting sand and dirt passed the filter or you will be in for some work. lol also I dont know the jetting specs for sea level so someone else will have to help you there.

Thanks for the input.

I am running an outerwear, so should help to keep anyting getting through the filter