T5 Jetting

if ur using those toomey needles, put them on the 3rd clip down, 4th was too rich for me, that will clear up the low end alot

do you still have the lid on the airbox? if so take it off or least cut a huge hole in the top, i got about a 8x4" hole in the top of my lid through both layers,breathe fine and stop some water

did you plugchop for the mains?

maybe another 1/2 turn on each air fuel screw might heklp too...\theres a thread about how to setup your air fuel screws too, short version-(Imguessing u have tors removed?) turn your idle screws up a little higher than n ormal, play with the air fuel screws untill u get the highest idle out of it, turning them 1/2 turn at a time and waiting for the change to take effect, you will hear the idle chnage, say you find the highest idle at 1.5 turns, set them both at 1.5, then turn the idle back down to normal,

Edited by Michael Jackson

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ur using those toomey needles, put them on the 3rd clip down, 4th was too rich for me, that will clear up the low end alot

do you still have the lid on the airbox? if so take it off or least cut a huge hole in the top, i got about a 8x4" hole in the top of my lid through both layers,breathe fine and stop some water

did you plugchop for the mains?

maybe another 1/2 turn on each air fuel screw might heklp too...\theres a thread about how to setup your air fuel screws too, short version-(Imguessing u have tors removed?) turn your idle screws up a little higher than n ormal, play with the air fuel screws untill u get the highest idle out of it, turning them 1/2 turn at a time and waiting for the change to take effect, you will hear the idle chnage, say you find the highest idle at 1.5 turns, set them both at 1.5, then turn the idle back down to normal,

Still using the standard needle & the lids off the box...

I stil got TORS on, buy sorting that out next week (eliminator kit)....going for a quick run today ill put a pic up of the plug chop and play around with the idle a bit...

thanks!

It don't exactly make that bogging rich noise...but seems like there is a bit of lack of power before powerband? if i pull the choke out one notch and ride it, it just gets worse...will do a plug chop tomorrow and post the pic up!

i think the bike is running goood

if i pull the choke out one notch...1/4 - 1/2 throttle gets really boggy but top end still goes good...

putting the choke back in, it takes off idle fairly well and half throttle is good too...

i dont know if its the pipes but pinning it when a high gear or cruising...it seems like its rich but it dont make that rich noise, basically sounds like the pipe is getting ready to pick up

took the plugs out after about 1hr of riding and the base ring around electrode is dark brown...but don't go all the way around...would i be slightly lean? or does it take a while for the ring to fill up (new plugs)

• 4 weeks later...

sometimes the aftermarket reeds require you to lean out the main, because they will draw the fuel/air mixture through with more velocity than the stock ones, i never heard of bumping the pilot jet up a size because of reeds though, your jetting sounds pretty damn close, maybe a tad rich on the main jet? how does it run?

Edited by Michael Jackson

sometimes the aftermarket reeds require you to lean out the main, because they will draw the fuel/air mixture through with more velocity than the stock ones, i never heard of bumping the pilot jet up a size because of reeds though, your jetting sounds pretty damn close, maybe a tad rich on the main jet? how does it run?

yea it runs good, idle is great...there is no bog of take off or any hestation throughout the throttle ranges

the plugs are chocolate brown too...havnt done a chop yet but..

would it be safe to chuck in the reeds with current jetting and try and tune if from there?

yea it runs good, idle is great...there is no bog of take off or any hestation throughout the throttle ranges

the plugs are chocolate brown too...havnt done a chop yet but..

would it be safe to chuck in the reeds with current jetting and try and tune if from there?

yea, put them on

if your plugs get the color of chocolate after a good bit of rippin, the main is probably a little rich, the plugs should never get that dark really, should be more tanish than chocolate brown