Powerlid jetting

My bike seems to run like perfectly but my plugs tell a different story. I have the K&N powerlid and a K&N filter with 320 mains 3rd clip needle and 30 pilots. The bike runs like perfect but then on the base ring of my plugs it is only tan for half of the base ring. In other words the tan color doesnt go all the way around the plugs. What does everyone else run with this intake mod.

intake mod? its a lid that restricts airflow, i know ive made fun of this thing on here and e2s many times, sorry, but i had to again..

30 piilot,/320 main is huge on a piped shee, especially with an airbox that has a lid on, even a "powerlid", i dont run anywhere near that fat , even in winter, and i got no lid, i run a k&n, no lid, 280s, stock pilots, 3rd clip on toomey needles for the summer

i know DMC recommends crazy fat jetting in their instructions, i wouldnt listen to them though, that sounds like over kill

edit - next post just reminded me of that, so yea, by the way im at sea level too,

Edited by Michael Jackson

My bike seems to run like perfectly but my plugs tell a different story. I have the K&N powerlid and a K&N filter with 320 mains 3rd clip needle and 30 pilots. The bike runs like perfect but then on the base ring of my plugs it is only tan for half of the base ring. In other words the tan color doesnt go all the way around the plugs. What does everyone else run with this intake mod.

you didnt mention what your elevation was..that will make or break your jetting

K&N includes main jets with the lid, which are 340 and 350. If 320 is fat for a piped shee with K&N, I would assume then these are waaay to fat for just the PowerLid with a K&N primary filter?

k&n are clearly out of their minds! do they also recommend running the needle on the 5th clip? :evil:

and if your talkin a shee with stock pipes, wih a k&n filter and a k&n lid, id bet youd be around a 240-250 main

edit* never mind i see your pipes in your signature, id start at a 300 main and work down, i couldnt imagine a piped banshee with a single k&n filter wanting more than a 300 main, especially in the summer

Edited by Michael Jackson

I was just giving my .02 about the jets that come with the kit.

My shee is running perfect on 290 mains and 27.5 pilots with the needle moved one notch with FMF SST's and a K&N primary filter with the stock lid and no snorkel. I did just purchase the Powerlid on ebay simply because it was a super deal. I'm not sure when I will install it.

• 3 weeks later...
I was just giving my .02 about the jets that come with the kit.

My shee is running perfect on 290 mains and 27.5 pilots with the needle moved one notch with FMF SST's and a K&N primary filter with the stock lid and no snorkel. I did just purchase the Powerlid on ebay simply because it was a super deal. I'm not sure when I will install it.

Have a look at the installation instructions from K&N. They call for different size jets in each carb. After I read that, i decided to go with an outerwear and kept the air box lid without a snorkel.

Have a look at the installation instructions from K&N. They call for different size jets in each carb. After I read that, i decided to go with an outerwear and kept the air box lid without a snorkel.

isnt that for 4 pokes? like a craptor 660? they run tad larger main jet in one of the carbs for some reason?

either way k&n sound out of their minds, i would never take jetting recommendations from a company who sells air filters for every make and model machine with a internal combustion motor, they couldnt possiblly have tested half the machines , or even close, that they sell air filters for, a 350 main jet with 2 k&n filters doubled up on top of \eaacjhpother!? thats funny

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... some of you are really passionate about K&N sucking ass. I picked up mine because from time to time I find my way through a creek and wanted to keep the base of the box in place. Anyways... I too thought that 340-350 was an insane jump from stock and wasn't going to put them in... I did, however, put them in to try them and have been running them for 3 years now... the bike runs like a top and shows no signs of running rich. Just thought I'd throw in my experience with it.

Edited by captain_ron80