WTF?

C&B

Got my ass up at 5:30 yesterday to go ride. All good. got to the dunes unloaded, took the shee for a little run to check jetting. (brand new top end tryin powerjets) Made it bout 100 yards,snapped my clutch cable, F%$#@! A! awesome! Have 2 brand new ones at my house. Needless to say, short day for me.

Thats what sucks. early mornin test and tune, so I thought no biggie, just roll. 15 min from the dunes, my bad. my buddies KTM took a shit too LOL!!!! On big trips, I can almost build a damn shee from the ground up, I should know better......

Thats what sucks. early mornin test and tune, so I thought no biggie, just roll. 15 min from the dunes, my bad. my buddies KTM took a shit too LOL!!!! On big trips, I can almost build a damn shee from the ground up, I should know better......

Ouch, what happened to the KTM? Just curious, because i am seriously considering the 525 quad?

Both my brother and I ride banshees now, so here is the list of spare parts i take to the dunes.

Spare stator, coil, CDI, spare flywheel, clutch cable, front and rear sprockets as well as master link. Spare headlight bulbs (trailtech). I also keep a complete good used FZRclutch/steels as well as pressure plate and inner/outer hubs. Spare reeds/cages, Complete top end gasket set and O-ring set for coolhead, shitloads sparkplugs, tons of mikuni and keihn jets, a gazillion different metric bolts and nuts, oil, antifreeze, cleaners, loctite etc. I put together a toolbox with spare tools from my home box that i dedicated to the quad box, and have a big tote box all the other crap from above goes in. That way when i go on a long trip i just grab both boxes and go.

Thats usually how I go to the dunes, not this time. the KTM is his motorcycle. Been a bitch for him, hasnt ran since last fall. blew it up andf cant get his guys to fix it right. This time it was the carb, pukes fuel as soon as he turns it on. Poor bastard, back to the shop for him!

I've got a good friend with a 525 ktm xc that has spent more time in the shop than ridden too. All of it has been engine problems. Knocked the valve seats in last fall and lost a retainer the first ride out of the shop so it ate a piston first thing this year. Spent a long time waitin for parts to come in both times. Don't know if it's the shop he's been takin it to or the bike.

I've got a good friend with a 525 ktm xc that has spent more time in the shop than ridden too. All of it has been engine problems. Knocked the valve seats in last fall and lost a retainer the first ride out of the shop so it ate a piston first thing this year. Spent a long time waitin for parts to come in both times. Don't know if it's the shop he's been takin it to or the bike.

HMM, disheartening to hear that. Im going to have to do some more research. I haven't been able to find too much bad until this. I think i will asking questions. I wont be in the market seriously until after x-mass anyway unless a deal to good to be true pops up. I was kind of figuring the motor bugs would be worked out since they have been in the polaris bikes for a while.

That's gotta be painful with a quad that damn near brings five figures in bone stock form. For that kind of money, you'd expect it to run forever.

I guess nothing's indestructible, though. :shrug: