Parting out J arm Banshee

Have a complete 87 J Arm banshee I am parting out, will get some pics on here later. It runs great, stock motor, one top end rebuild I believe, I had the head milled, thats about it. Want to sell the complete motor, not parting it out. It has Douglas aluminum wheels with very good tread Maxxis Razr 2 the big 22" rears, and offset rear wheels. I wont be selling the frame, its rear sectiion is tweaked and a repair on the stearing stem loop, so not in great shape but everything else goes, here is a pic but with different wheels and tires. I also have a set of stock banshee wheels and tires from a newer banshee, maybe with half the tread. The carbs are jetted with a toomey kit. The pipes are FMF gold with toomey silencers. Axle is good and straight, swingarm is good. Frame and swingarm skid plates. The front suspension is good, and it has the yfz 450 shocks on the front , modded to fit the banshee. Shoot me a pm or email me at georgiadirect@gmail.com with what you might want and will get you a pic and price.

banshee3.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here are some pics, I also took a video for anyone interested in the motor, showing it runs great. Have to email for that one though, dont know how to post a video online.

Also wheels are ITP not douglas those were my old ones I guess.

Selling that shift lever seperate too, its pretty new.

Or if someone is interested in the whole thing shoot me an offer. I have had it since 2003 and never let me down, Just not very pretty.

sideshot.jpg

motorlt.jpg

reartire.jpg

fronttire.jpg

pipe1.jpg

carrier.jpg

They look a little rough to me.

Look how nasty the expansions are...looks like you did quite a bit of mud/water riding.

I'll just hold off another week and buy new Toomeys.

Edit--I asked about packing because that could give me a better idea of the hours on it. Chances are he was going to say he has no idea on the hours. At least the packing will give me a better idea. Usually: a) it will not need to be repacked, because they are so lightly used, B) they are used, and need to be repacked, or c) they will not need to be repacked because he did it already. In any event, the answer would help me determine the usage time on the pipes. If he can't even repack the pipes...why would I spend $600 on a motor that was probably raped to hell, and wasn't maintained? (I'm not saying it is...I was just explaining the reasoning behind it.)

And if I'm paying $x + Shipping, I want to know if I have to spend more on them.