jetting mods?

basically i bought my shee a few years back and all it had was a boost bottle, besides that it was stock.

now i have ported cylinder(used, i dont know what kind of porting), a shaved head, +4 timing plate, clamp on k/ns. fmf fatties and turbine cores as well as a set of boyesn reeds.

all in all, i have never changed jetting through all of this, it runs fine, the plugs look good everytime i check them. it smokes very little, but you can see it.

i am stock sea level

should i waste the time to change jetting? or should i leave it how it is since it runs just fine?

if your banshee went from bone stock ,(boost bottle dont count) to all the mods you listed now, i couldnt imagine it being anything other than very lean, like they say "lean is mean" untill it blows up, unless it was beyond rich before, but if it was rich enough before to support all your mods you have now, without changing, it would have been noticeable and ran like shit,a stock banshee has 200-220 mains in it depending on where you live, so where is your jehtting at right now? main? needle? poilot?

Edited by Michael Jackson

something's weird. it should run different with pipes alone, but to add porting. if it didn't change much with the porting, then I'd be suspect of the porting work, no offense.

I think you should pull the jets and tell us what you have. if you are truly lean, it doesn't always run bad, but then BAM. For instance my last motor was running great, really great about 5 min. before it completely locked up... but it locked up because I smacked a valve, not jetting. Nonetheless, the fact that it runs doesn't mean all is well. Best case scenario, your leaving power on the table, worst case scenario, your riding a grenade thats about to go off.

thanks guys. i think i realized where i went wrong. i looked and i have 280 mains with the needle in the center poistion. i remembered that i bought a set of used stock carbs from a freind b/c the threads on the tops of mine we bad, and i pulled the tops off every time i pulled the throttle.

thanks for all your input guys.

sorry i was dumb and forgot that info.....