Barnet dirt digger clutch

YOu probably don't need all HD springs, you could alternate the softer springs with the heavy duties.

However, it shouldn't be that hard to pull, assuming you have the ez perch lever. Most of the time I've found that hard clutch pull is due to the cable needing to be replaced.

YOu probably don't need all HD springs, you could alternate the softer springs with the heavy duties.

However, it shouldn't be that hard to pull, assuming you have the ez perch lever. Most of the time I've found that hard clutch pull is due to the cable needing to be replaced.

If I alternate 3 HD and 3 stock will that be enough for a 85-89HP motor (what I'm told this bike puts out)?

No I don't have an EZ perch level... I flipped an extra long break lever... helped out a little.

Don't think it's the cable... it's had very low hours since a from frame rebuild.

Wacko2000: I like the rears... they're reversible for soft and hard terrain.

okbeast: yeah the fronts are a little grabby... think I liked my old Razrs better.

Thanks guys, as you can tell by the length of my signature... I'm very proud of my new Shee!

Now I just gotta get her all tuned up!

Didn't notice you had a cub. Is it a stock stroke setup?

Truthfully, w/ that much you might need a lockup to hold the power. I would think a lock-up would allow you to use easy springs and not have as hard a pull either, but I haven't tested this myself. But for that much power you'd probably need all 6HD springs. Keeping in mind that different brands of HD springs are different stiffnesses.

I know this may be basic and dont want to insult anybody's inteligence, but Im going to throw it out there just cause we all miss the obvious somethimes. Did you lube the cable. Get a cable luber and blast that sucker until you get clean lube coming out the other end of the cable. I lube my cable after every trip to the dunes and that along with the easy pull lever with a needle bearing, and the pull is very maneageble even with 6 HD springs.

Truthfully, w/ that much you might need a lockup to hold the power. I would think a lock-up would allow you to use easy springs and not have as hard a pull either, but I haven't tested this myself. But for that much power you'd probably need all 6HD springs. Keeping in mind that different brands of HD springs are different stiffnesses.

Same here...looked right over that. I thought it was a vito's big bore monoblock.

Sorry, but what does a lockup do exactly?

Rubberneck: I'll lube it again and see if that helps any.

Bada450r: Lever doesn't have any play... So if the alignment is off this will cause the stiffness?

Thanks for all the great input guys!

Nghe

Sorry, but what does a lockup do exactly?

Rubberneck: I'll lube it again and see if that helps any.

Bada450r: Lever doesn't have any play... So if the alignment is off this will cause the stiffness?

Thanks for all the great input guys!

Nghe

you should have some play in the lever i say about a 1/4 inch or so of play........i would also say that it may have something to do with the stiffness if youre having to grab the clutch lever while its all the way out and probably tight as shit

Cub for MX and on those tires? Oh boy....

You're going to need a lockup or 6HD springs to hold that kinda power, 3 and 3 are not going to cut it.

Problem is if you go with a lockup, it will be harder to shift under full acceleration.

Get a nice EZ Pull lever with a ball bearing like the one Jeff @ FAST sells. I have 6HD springs in my bike, and it pulls like a trail bike clutch should.

I also put a NEW cable on, and I made sure it wasn't kinked in it's routing, nice free sweeping bends in the cable, etc.

Cub for MX and on those tires? Oh boy....

You're going to need a lockup or 6HD springs to hold that kinda power, 3 and 3 are not going to cut it.

Problem is if you go with a lockup, it will be harder to shift under full acceleration.

Get a nice EZ Pull lever with a ball bearing like the one Jeff @ FAST sells. I have 6HD springs in my bike, and it pulls like a trail bike clutch should.

I also put a NEW cable on, and I made sure it wasn't kinked in it's routing, nice free sweeping bends in the cable, etc.

Went to a sick MX track this past Monday... I gave the cable about 1/4" play and it was much easier to pull, I think I'll still get an E-Z clutch system cause my forearms were still dead after 5-6 laps (though MX is tiring anyway).

Thanks a lot for all your help guys!!!

This a great group of ppl at BHQ.

PS my buddy got a short movie of me doing a couple jumps that I hope to put up on BansheeTube.

Nghe