Graydon or trinity intake

racer

When I said topend, I wasn't speaking of price point. I have zero interest in creating the world's coolest dune whip. I was talking about the style of riding I do. Just 1/2 to 3/4 throttle dune cruisin'. Of course there is the occasional friendly wide open sprint across a long dune or something. I'm also very uninterested in tuning this thing to it's full potential. I just wanna ride the fucker. Not saying I won't take the time to jet it properly and check for leaks, but I'll not be the guy changing jets because the humidity is lower today than yesterday.

Well honestly, and Snop will most likely agree with this i think, unless you get some porting done, then a stock port with Shearers will not be much fun to ride. Granted you can gear a little different or run some small tires to help out at LS but I'm not sure how much pull it will have. Now with the dune port I had it made a pretty good play bike that I could drag race and beat most of the 4-strokes and some other banshees.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I said topend, I wasn't speaking of price point. I have zero interest in creating the world's coolest dune whip. I was talking about the style of riding I do. Just 1/2 to 3/4 throttle dune cruisin'. Of course there is the occasional friendly wide open sprint across a long dune or something. I'm also very uninterested in tuning this thing to it's full potential. I just wanna ride the fucker. Not saying I won't take the time to jet it properly and check for leaks, but I'll not be the guy changing jets because the humidity is lower today than yesterday.

I dont change my jets when the humidity changes. But if you bolt a set of shearer pipes on to a set of non ported stock jugs, good luck trying to figure out if you have a low-mid bog thats rich/lean. Or it may be the way the pipes act. Thats what happens when you bolt on parts that dont match. I never thought topend meant big dollars. topend to me in this conversation was about the rpm range the motor would be working in. 1/2-3/4 throttle dune cruisin is not going to be a set of shearer pipes. Those are gonna be wide open, keepin the rpm high all the time. I dont know if your reading this and it just doesn't make sense to you or what, but you want to pretty much put drag race parts on a play bike. You can't play ride a drag bike. Not to mention its not going to be too fast or easy to ride because you have no porting. Your bolting on a topend pipe, the pipes working rpm range is like 8,000-10,500 rpm if I remember correctly. Your stock exhaust duration is about 179, which puts your motors peak efficient working rpm around 8,000-8,500 rpm. For this you need like pt mids, pro circuits, or a set of fmf bottom end pipes. That would be because their peak rpm working range is around 8,500-9,500 rpm. Those pipes make excellent dune port pipes, and make a ton of midrange power. Pick a direction and go that direction with your parts. If you buy shearers, then you need to forget about carbs and have the portwork and headwork to go along with them. Otherwise your gonna own the slowest drag bike on the hill, and not have any fun play riding it.