Graydon or trinity intake

racer

28-32mm. with K&N Pods if you ride sand. BUT!!!!!!!!

You really need to make decision. A ported 350 with shearers is not going to be a very fun play bike.

I really cant recommend much until you decide what you want to do.

Well Snop that's the beauty of the matter, they're just bike parts. I'm going to try these shearers as they came across me at the right time for the right price. Should they not please me I'll try something else.

Thanks for your efforts though.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Snop that's the beauty of the matter, they're just bike parts. I'm going to try these shearers as they came across me at the right time for the right price. Should they not please me I'll try something else.

Thanks for your efforts though.

Should they not please you I shwant them, maybe trade some T-5's....excellent.

As for the porting, not sure what it is, dono how to tell either, but i do think it is the Stage IV. I talk to him all day long at work so i'll try to remmeber to ask him. wtf u workin at again? (townwise)

Should they not please you I shwant them, maybe trade some T-5's....excellent.

As for the porting, not sure what it is, dono how to tell either, but i do think it is the Stage IV. I talk to him all day long at work so i'll try to remmeber to ask him. wtf u workin at again? (townwise)

If they are a true blue trinity port job they will have their stage IV logo cut into the side of the jugs.

We might be able to arrange something on these pipes, but I'm thinking I will probably like them.

ya, my buddy had some on a stock port bike, as long as your compression is really high it'll have some low-end. you got a coolhead yet?

Factory head right now. I don't like coolhead, never got those fuckers to seat right. I guess I could try a Noss design, but I was unimpressed with the PD. More than likely if I do anything, I'll be off to the machine shop to spend some quality time with the Bridgeport and a fly cutter. :biggrin:

Factory head right now. I don't like coolhead, never got those fuckers to seat right. I guess I could try a Noss design, but I was unimpressed with the PD. More than likely if I do anything, I'll be off to the machine shop to spend some quality time with the Bridgeport and a fly cutter. :biggrin:

lol, ya u would build ur own ha. well i got a pd shell i got thinkin id need it for a new motor but things changed so i dont need it. i got it pretty cheap and id make ya a good deal on it.

lol, ya u would build ur own ha. well i got a pd shell i got thinkin id need it for a new motor but things changed so i dont need it. i got it pretty cheap and id make ya a good deal on it.

NO way! I just sold one of those hunks of shit. No matter how much I lapped it, how new the rings were, or how delicately it was installed: it fuckin leaked. I wish someone would make two separate heads. It would be much easier to get them to seal if you didn't have to have everything perfectly flat, square, and even.

oh hell ya i did. One day i spent a full afternoon cleaning up the surfaces on every sealing surface on the motor. The cylinder tops are: flat, parallel with the bottom, square to the bore, and height matched between the pair to within ,001". The intake surfaces are also very flat and smooth.

Man do I miss that job........

oh hell ya i did. One day i spent a full afternoon cleaning up the surfaces on every sealing surface on the motor. The cylinder tops are: flat, parallel with the bottom, square to the bore, and height matched between the pair to within ,001". The intake surfaces are also very flat and smooth.

Man do I miss that job........

ya you wasted alot of the school's $$ workin on your bike huh lol. actually you paid them already, so fuck it go for it.

you not got the job when you go back to school?

ya you wasted alot of the school's $$ workin on your bike huh lol. actually you paid them already, so fuck it go for it.

you not got the job when you go back to school?

no, ass. lol. i did that in my own last summer, i only worked mornings. the job is there, but my time won't be. it's sad.

You can try throwing parts on it all you want, and say that you dont agree with my opinions as well. Fact of the matter is I have a ported 350 that that hangs with the three 4 mills that I ride with in a drag race, on the sandy trails, and out in the wide open sand. Yeah gearing, tires, and chassis setup means alot too, and I know a ton about all that stuff also. I think my best friend summed it up in a nutshell the other day in the truck. He said "Well Jeff, until people spend the time on the dyno, the time to listen to you, and the time tuning their bikes, I guess you will always be one step ahead of them". He owns another 4mill that I tune, and no one else in our group, including myself can come close to competing with that bike in any aspect out on the sand. So, as I once again will say, you need to decide what you want to do, then put the proper parts together in the proper combination to do it. Otherwise it will not run as well as it could, you can end up wasting alot of money re-configuring things, and you can end up putting shitty components on (like a set of trinity cylinders).

So, you said you wanted to know what I would say, and I am still waiting for you to figure out what you want to do. There are people who can recommend parts on here based on whats popular, theres people who can recommend parts from personal experience for one setup, and then there are people on here that actually test things on different setups with a dyno, and by riding the bike to see what they effect. Alot of times a part will look real great on the dyno, then you ride it and put the bike in a real world scenario and it performs like doo doo. I am almost willing to bet my bike that the majority of people on this board who recommend things do not recommend them based on the last scenario I mentioned above. I have been home sick today, and have read over some ridiculous shit on this board all day. Even stuff from people who ought to know better with some of the answers they have been giving. In this day and age, it just seems stupid and foolish to throw parts at something and waste your time and money doing it. I dont know about the rest of you, but I tune, wrench, and ride because I enjoy it, and I want to be able to inform and help out my family, friends, and acquintances with what I know and have learned. There is an invaluable wealth of information on this forum alone. There are guys like DAJ, Banshee-man, and even known builders on here. Use search functions, ask more directed questions, and listen to what people are asking and saying to you. You amy not like the answers, but these guys dont have a reason to lie to you about what your asking. I personally dont have much of any interest in top end built banshees. I mainly build and tune low-mid bikes. Trust this, if you want to know about top end parts, I can still steer you in the right direction, so can DAJ, cause he drag races for fun. One thing I wouldn't do is settle for someone just having a cheap set of cylinders laying around, or some pipes that are a great deal just so you can pick them up and use them. In the long run your gonna create more headaches tuning, riding, and financially buying the right parts in the long run. Pick a direction, then move in that direction. Hope this sinks in to all the people on this forum with questions.

And a note for the afore-mentioned. The trinity cylinders run great with the Shearers LOL. just an fyi

A lost a drag race by 1/2 bike length to a trinity stage IV 420cc 4mill stroker with stage 4 pipes and 38mm pwk carbs at Sandlake back in April. It was about impressive as a wet turd on a metal slide. The guy who had the motor built was such an idiot, that he sent in everything to them, they sent it back and he ran everything they suggested. So too big of carbs, shitty porting, shitty pipes, no timing advance, even had a stock timing plate on it. I was beside myself with stupidity when the guy aprroached me about helping him make it run better and I had to tell him to buy new parts to do it.

When I said topend, I wasn't speaking of price point. I have zero interest in creating the world's coolest dune whip. I was talking about the style of riding I do. Just 1/2 to 3/4 throttle dune cruisin'. Of course there is the occasional friendly wide open sprint across a long dune or something. I'm also very uninterested in tuning this thing to it's full potential. I just wanna ride the fucker. Not saying I won't take the time to jet it properly and check for leaks, but I'll not be the guy changing jets because the humidity is lower today than yesterday.