Graydon or trinity intake

racer

Then suggest away kind sir. I have been out of this motor thing for a minute or two, haha. I am dead set on new carbs and intake, what would you suggest?

I'm going with shearers for sure, Small Bore, and porting may or may not come.

Thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh, kinda. They aren't a full blown drag pipe, but they are a topend pipe.

But I would like to able to use whatever I choose on a cub someday.

Then Shearers or CPI's are your pipe. Considering inframe of course. You could probably squeeze 33's into a stock intake, i mean this is oklahoma you can southern engineer it I'd bet.

But I do know this, stock porting and Shearers, you will have 0 bottom-end.

Nope, going with new intakes. so porting ehhh? might as well do it all at once...........fuck.

I'm going to nickel dime myself into a cub if I port.

Yep, i made a spreadsheet of doin a 4mil drag port vs. a 4mil cub. Roughly 5-600 more for the cub, but i found a hella deal on a complete motor.

Just remember if you go cub ur gonna need diff. swinger, chain, bigger carbs, and on and on.

Yep, i made a spreadsheet of doin a 4mil drag port vs. a 4mil cub. Roughly 5-600 more for the cub, but i found a hella deal on a complete motor.

Just remember if you go cub ur gonna need diff. swinger, chain, bigger carbs, and on and on.

ya, fuck it; I'll stick with factory cylinders.

I'm still wanting to see what snop says......

Im confused, you wanted a bottom end single carb setup with topend pipes. Then maybe a cub, Then twin carbs with a cub, then twin carbs with stock cylinders. What exactly are you trying to do, build the slowest drag bike ever?

I have no idea what I want, other than the ability to expand. I like the CV because it makes sense to me with the opposed twin thing. Plus it's easier on my thumb. I'm buying a set of shearers, that's done.

So my question is this: Since you said the CV intake was a shot to the foot, what intake/carb/filter setup do you recommend for a stock ported set of jugs, with the aforementioned pipes?

28-32mm. with K&N Pods if you ride sand. BUT!!!!!!!!

You really need to make decision. A ported 350 with shearers is not going to be a very fun play bike.

I really cant recommend much until you decide what you want to do.

28-32mm. with K&N Pods if you ride sand. BUT!!!!!!!!

You really need to make decision. A ported 350 with shearers is not going to be a very fun play bike.

I really cant recommend much until you decide what you want to do.

I'd disagree, i had a dune port from Kevin Herr, with the T-5's it was a perfect dune bike. With the shearer's it wasn't bad, just had to work a little bit more to keep it on the pipe, but more than just pipes come into that equation: tires, gearing, rider weight, etc.

What kinda porting you wantin Cole? I have a buddy that has some Trinity ported Cylinders for sale, pretty sure they're a drag port but he ran them with some FMF's and it was about even with my dune port and T-5's. He's sellin 'em fairly cheap too i think.