New to Keihin, need jetting advise

jmoore

I just replaced my stock carbs with a stage 5 2 into 1 setup with a 33 pwk carb. Had some problems getting it dialed in this weekend. It runs awesome except at low throttle. It is loading up bad. I have a 170 main, DEK needle with the clip one up from the center, (leaner), and I have gone down to a 35 pilot. As low as I can go. I tried adjusting the air screw but had no luck. It really sputters at low throttle and my left side plug will get very wet, as well as my left side exhaust pipe. Why would one side load up like that? I bought this setup used so i'm wondering if the slide is shot or something.? My plugs are dark brown and also the one left side is very wet. I have now done everything I can think of to get it running right so I am looking for some new suggestions. Also, I started out at a 50 pilot and went down from there. It really ran like shit with the 50 in. I would also like to add that on a cold start it will rev up very high for a few seconds before it idles down to normal.

Elevation is at about 1200 give or take a little.

Other mods should be below.

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by jmoore

I just replaced my stock carbs with a stage 5 2 into 1 setup with a 33 pwk carb. Had some problems getting it dialed in this weekend. It runs awesome except at low throttle. It is loading up bad. I have a 170 main, DEK needle with the clip one up from the center, (leaner), and I have gone down to a 35 pilot. As low as I can go. I tried adjusting the air screw but had no luck. It really sputters at low throttle and my left side plug will get very wet, as well as my left side exhaust pipe. Why would one side load up like that? I bought this setup used so i'm wondering if the slide is shot or something.? My plugs are dark brown and also the one left side is very wet. I have now done everything I can think of to get it running right so I am looking for some new suggestions. Also, I started out at a 50 pilot and went down from there. It really ran like shit with the 50 in. I would also like to add that on a cold start it will rev up very high for a few seconds before it idles down to normal.

Elevation is at about 1200 give or take a little.

Other mods should be below.

Thanks in advance for any help

check your reeds, maybe they aren