all balls swing arm bearing kit......

i decided to do my swing-arm bearings today, and the local shop had an all balls kit in stock....i used there kits befor, and add good results. but never intalled the swinger kit befor. kit came with dust cap seals and spacers"washer type", the long bushing ,and bearings. everythign went great until i got to the dust cap seals....

i dont know if its me or what, or are the dust caps and seals really hard seat in??? i had a hell of a hard time puting them on. they were an extemly tight fit, as soon as i tried to tap the right side on of the swinger. "the side with the half welded stoper plate". the seal would pop out under it.. im suprised the kit didnt come with new dust caps, cuz there seals were way thicker and wider then the stock ones.....

anyways i ended up taken my swinger bolt and use the old bearings as shims to press and sandwich the caps and seals on. but it worked after alot of strugle.

did i miss someting or do someting wrong. cuz ive never sean something this hard to put on, that should be soo simple to do imo.

let me know if uve had this problem befor, and how to adress it in the futur.

the right side seal is still stickin out about 1/8" under the that stoper plate, but is still well seated

Edited by monster_energy06

I just put on a new pivot works kit and it went as smooth as glass. Was yours the right kit?

according to that part #'s should be the right kit. needle bearings fit right on, the sleeve bushing was the same length, ID and OD , plates washers were same ID, OD, and thickness, only the oil seals was a little thicker and wider then stock and diff. oil grooves .. i got them on as discribed above but i dont think it should off been that hard...

If you didn't ding up the bearings or seals, don't worry about it. I just had my swingarm powder coated and it still went on fairly easy. Did you paint it or powder it?

painted but i dought that would be the problem i want to find out if some one else used an all balls kit? swinger kit??

Edited by monster_energy06

• 1 month later...

[img=http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/1low98/000_0002-2.jpg]

[img=http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/1low98/000_0001-1.jpg]

DUDE!! I know this post is fairly old but Im havin the same problem with the same kit...I'm worried dust with slip under that seal or from ridin rough that plate will tear it...What is that plate for...

Heres some not so good pics cant see what Im really talkin bout but yeah

Edited by MikeNick

Im at work right now but if you look at the first pic right next to the dust cap, that yellow streak is a piece tacked onto the swingarm. I think its called a stop plate. I was referring to a Warrior manual while I was putting my Banshee bearings in and it shows the tab Im talking about in the pics in the manual..I just dont see any purpose for it...The arm can only travel as much as the suspension will allow so Im not sure what its for..If it's not needed Im grindin that bitch off so I can get that right side seal on good an firm...If you can't tell or whatnot I will take pics when I get off and post them up for tomorrow...Thanks for your help too man..

If you look at the lower right hand corner of this upsde down swingarm you can see that pesky metal strip..WHAT THE HELL DOES IT DO..Manual calls it a stop plate....wtf??? Maybe I need to look at it closer on the bike..Either way its keepin my swingarm seal on that side from seating properly on the tube..

[img=http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/1low98/Blasted_Swingarm1_640.jpg]

i had a moose racing kit and experienced the same problems. seals wouldn't fit for shit. now i think at least one, if not the two of 'em are starting to pop back out. just fuckin junk. getting nothing but genuine yamaha parts from now on. getting real sick and tired of this aftermarket bullshit.

it shouldnt even reach that little metal tab your talking about, do you have the thick metal washer installed in front front of the seal up against the inside of the dust cap?

Yes sir I sure do...Edge of the new seal which came from a kit from All Balls Racing is wider than the original and it does touch that tab.