Solid Billet Motor Mounts

neely97

Anybody out there running the Billet Motor mounts on 421 cub? If so, have you had any problem with the cases twisting. I`m running 1/8 on asphalt. Any input would help greatly.

\

I'm running them on a 593 Cheetah, 300 ft sand and I have no problem with the cases flexing. I would think you would be fine with the 421 on asphalt with those. You'll have to locktight your side covers, gas tank, plastic, etc; b/c they will vibrate loose with the solid mounts.

\

I'm running them on a 593 Cheetah, 300 ft sand and I have no problem with the cases flexing. I would think you would be fine with the 421 on asphalt with those. You'll have to locktight your side covers, gas tank, plastic, etc; b/c they will vibrate loose with the solid mounts.

Yea, I know about the viberation, already broke a pipe mount.Also shattered a front sprocket hence the reason I went with the billet mounts. I never had a problem until I went to the billet mounts and had Trinity tunnel my cases and cylinders and assembly. Can`t get any info out of them as far as the problem. Thanks for the input. May have to do a teardown myself and check it out. Was planning on running today but don`t want to chance something breaking/ cases or crank!!!!!!!!!!!

I seen these on e-bay. I'm not sure on the theory on solid mounts. Something has to give. With in time what's gunna happen to cases. What's the interal parts doing? Is it twisting the crank, output shaft lifting up-word, What's your purpose going soild? Why? I'd stay away from them.

Edited by lonestar

I seen these on e-bay. I'm not sure on the theory on solid mounts. Something has to give. With in time what's gunna happen to cases. What's the interal parts doing? Is it twisting the crank, output shaft lifting up-word, What's your purpose going soild? Why? I'd stay away from them.

The reason I went with them was I kept shattering front sprockets. Was told by Tony Doukas that it was because the factor mounts let the motor torque to much thus breaking the sprocket. I agree that something has to move somewhere. Didn`t run yesterday because I found the end of the crank was getting into my flywheel cover.

I'd check the stock engine mount's first with new dampers, and keep checking the torque on the engine through bolt's (mountig bolts) Then I would install out-put shaft bearing support before going solid engine mount's. I'm not sure on this theory on solid engine mounts. I asked a few people on these mounts not one conviced me on a good theory. Just a hand full people have these installed. Time will tell. IMO

I'd check the stock engine mount's first with new dampers, and keep checking the torque on the engine through bolt's (mountig bolts) Then I would install out-put shaft bearing support before going solid engine mount's. I'm not sure on this theory on solid engine mounts. I asked a few people on these mounts not one conviced me on a good theory. Just a hand full people have these installed. Time will tell. IMO

If I can`t get an answer on this that explains what is going on, I will go back to factory mounts. I don`t want to bust my cases or worst.

Yeah, the output shaft bearing support is a good idea.

As far as the theory behind the billet mounts..the rubber in the factory mounts allows the entire engine to move, and the solid mounts don't. There is nothing that has to "give" with the solid mounts, assuming you have the bearing support. All power is directed toward the back sprocket, rather than on case or output shaft flex. Just my 0.02...for what it's worth.

What kind of axle are you running? Are you 100% sure that the rear sprocket is lined up with the front? This is cause of most front sprocket issues, I believe.