anyone do polishing?

you CAN strip the old paint off of them THEN get a scotch brite pad the steel ones and WD-40 and go to town it will clean them up nicely and after you ride you can wipe them off and wd them to keep them claen they will surface rust after a while but you can just sand them again. not to many chromers will do used or ran pipes because that carbon build up gets in the tanks..

Ive never had trouble getting my used pipes chromed but I guess each chromer has their own ways of doing things. Ive polished alot of stuff but polishing steel exhaust pipes will be a nightmare with rust. The chrome on your pipes will cost more than the pipes are worth if the chromer does nice work. Time to get some new pipes :biggrin:

Eric

Pm bkbanshee on here, i think he might do old pipes.

Edit: Or strip them down and use some high-temp paint in a different color?

I chrome them but it runs $150 per side. If you wanna go this route let me know. Otherwise I have a set of FMF fatties that I'd sell for $350 shipped.

Someone remind me is the Aluminum silence part removable like a CPI? If so that Price includes the stinger tubes. Anybody got a close up pic?

Thanks guys for the feedback. No need to get new pipes there only a year old , they were just bare t5's and my quad was black and yellow and pipes i painted black. And now im going to red and yellow quad so black pipes wont look good. I might just strip them and sand them down or if the guy with fmf's want to trade or anyone else with some chrome pipes let me know.

Get yours chromed, don't trade for someone else's possible junk.

You can get used pipes chromed for 100 to 200 bucks all day long, call around.

Prep is the key, the cleaner you bring them the pipes (outside surface) the kinder they'll be to your wallet.

Just another option to consider---I can powdercoat those for you in several hi-temp colors...

Silver

Bronze

Gray

Black of course (but you were getting away from black)

All these powders are good to 1000 degrees.

If you want them to clean up easier, you might consider getting them JetHot coated---ceramic coated---looks great and hold up for a long time

My .02