what do reed spacers do?

hey my bike has inframe cpi's, dune port, milled head, +4 timing, k&ns, and thats pretty much it.. stock carbs and reeds.. if i were to get some vforce 3's would reed spacers be a good idea?? what is it they do?? also can i get some right now with my setup or will it make it run different? i like the way they look on the bike..

V-Force definitely cleans up the mid range. So do them. However reed spacers main purpose is to "smooth" out the air flow by pulling the reeds farther from the intake port. I never really bot into this because the air incoming to a 2 stroke is very turbulent and gets worse from there. I do run reed spacers though because they help lift the carb higher from the clutch perch. Bigger carbs rub on the clutch perch.

If you have boost ports added to your Cyl's then I believe that reed spacers help get air into them by backing up the reeds. I don't have any dyno sheets to prove, but its what I was told and it does make sense.

F&F

Edited by Flash and Flare

If you have boost ports added to your Cyl's then I believe that reed spacers help get air into them by backing up the reeds. I don't have any dyno sheets to prove, but its what I was told and it does make sense.

F&F

until i see dyno results of this i call bs. snop did a dyno on jugs without the boost ports and got a wopping .25 hp not enough to classify as a power adder by any means.

until i see dyno results of this i call bs. snop did a dyno on jugs without the boost ports and got a wopping .25 hp not enough to classify as a power adder by any means.

Well I never dyno'd my engine, but I know Arlin@LRD swears by boost ports on Banshee engines. Not saying that .25hp gain isn't correct but I do know that LRD has made some fairly stout banshee engines.

F&F

Well I never dyno'd my engine, but I know Arlin@LRD swears by boost ports on Banshee engines. Not saying that .25hp gain isn't correct but I do know that LRD has made some fairly stout banshee engines.

F&F

oh no no no the boost ports have already been proven, i calling bs to the spacers making a differance with the boost ports thing.

ive had vf3's on my shee over year now and swear by them. and i actully just put on spacers i add kickin around. from what i can feel, i gained some better response not much but its there. i even took the spacers off again to see if it was just me, but the response is there with them on .. better response yes, more hp .... i dont beleive it..

done this to my sled also and clearly it had better response nothing else

Edited by monster_energy06

ive had vf3's on my shee over year now and swear by them. and i actully just put on spacers i add kickin around. from what i can feel, i gained some better response not much but its there. i even took the spacers off again to see if it was just me, but the response is there with them on .. better response yes, more hp .... i dont beleive it..

done this to my sled also and clearly it had better response nothing else

vf3's on a low or mid motor over a set of carbon tech reeds are nothing to swear by. You actually swear at them, cause they cost you about 2 hp. A lot of you guys running dune port motors with certain pipes would actually benefit from the stock cage setup with carbon techs. The vf3 is a high flow cage, and it can only work to its full potential with the step in the top of the intake ramped down on stock cylinders.

vf3's on a low or mid motor over a set of carbon tech reeds are nothing to swear by. You actually swear at them, cause they cost you about 2 hp. A lot of you guys running dune port motors with certain pipes would actually benefit from the stock cage setup with carbon techs. The vf3 is a high flow cage, and it can only work to its full potential with the step in the top of the intake ramped down on stock cylinders.

ey snop i know that u know yur shit. but not everyone dyno's there bike after every mod like u do. personnly i go by how it feels. i can tell something is workin or not by how its feels. it sounds stupid but i guess i have gift... i learned this by clutching and modding sleds for over 6 years.try it out as is, clutch it try it out and see if its better. same aplys to quads try it, do something try it again ...take off what u did and try again to if there was a gain plain in simple. hell ive tried vf3's on bone stock banshees and sean a gain, even sleds. im sure yur carbon tech reeds or just as good or better from what u say , but ive never played around with them soo wouldnt know. all im sayin to this guy is they do make a difference, and the reed spacer only give u better response thats it

I agree with u monster, a dyno number means jackshit on the track. I raced for many years and we NEVER ONCE dyno'ed a thing, track testing is much more relevant to racing then a dyno will ever produce, however the dyno has it's place in other aspects

I agree with u monster, a dyno number means jackshit on the track. I raced for many years and we NEVER ONCE dyno'ed a thing, track testing is much more relevant to racing then a dyno will ever produce, however the dyno has it's place in other aspects

i fully agree with u 100% that dyno's have there place in other aspects also. but like u said track testing is the best way to go