grounding issue please help!

my question is would the voltage regulator not attached securely to the frame cause a grounding issue? i have an earlier post about getting zapped while in high rpm's but now im trying to fix this. i bought a multimeter to figure out how much ac voltage the frame is producing and when i rev the bike the multimeter reads .100 and above. i secured the voltage regulator and the multimeter does not pass .007, any help would be great.

where are you getting shocked at?Did you check to see if the coil wires are rubbed through any where?Let us know..

im getting shocked by my front hand brake as i got up sand hills at full throttle. this started happening after i had the bike wired back to ac after too many dc issues. i took it back once to the builder but he claimed my fancy handlebars needed more grounding... obviously that wasnt it. after further inspection i found my dyna ignition replaced with a stock one(sigh). :confused:

The voltage regulator grounds through its hosuing. So it has to be bolted to the frame and have the ground wire bolted to one of the mount bolts for it.

thanks snop, indeed one bolt was missing so i put a new one with some loctite. ill go for a run on it and hopefully i wont get shocked again.

put some heat shrink around your brake handle. lol.

believe it or not i wrapped it with tape as a quick fix at the dunes but eventually the bike would charge so much id get zapped on my clutch lever. rear brake ftw