How the hell?

keeks707

I was just there last weekend and it is definitley worth the trip. I live near Sacramento (Rocklin) and it takes me about 3.5 to 4 hours to nget there. The mountain is one long razerback with some great steep hill climbs. Comp hill is a blast ( 600 feet tall ). There are smaller dunes to the left to play on, and also on the back side of the mountain. We try to go to Sand Mountain about 3 times a year and Glamis once. The altitude there is 4,000 ft at the base of the mountain, and 4,600 at the top, so I usually lean my banshee out by one jet size smaller. That's all I do and she runs great! To get there take 80 east through Reno, Get off at the second Fernley exit ( # 48 Ithink ), go through a couple of stop lights, through the roundabout and towards Fallon. Stop in Fallon for last minute supplies. Continue on 50 about 25 miles, You will eventually see Sand Mountain on your left. Camping is $40.00 for up to 7 nights. Hope this info helps!

$40.00 is alot for what's there ( 3 sets of pit toilets and some dumpsters). No hookups whatsoever. Not even running water. But if you buy a yearly pass for $90.00 like I did it is worth it if you go at least 3 times a year. We camp in a pop out tent trailer and bring extra water and a generator. It works out just fine.