MY ELKA FRONT SHOCKS... going to sell on Ebay soon....

Meat

Im planning on selling my Elka shocks on Ebay this weekend. They'll sell to the highest bidder, as I don't put reserves on my auctions. The shocks are for a Banshee and they're a coupla years old. They were setup for +2 a arms and mx riding style. I put new bottom out bumpers on em and never rode with them, so the bumpers are brandy spankin' new. I'll post the URL when I list em.

Here's some pictures.

Elkasidebyside.jpg

v.jpg

compression and rebound adjustable or just compression? Also you said they were set up for mx, but what weight? thanks

145 to 160 lb rider, +2 +1 forward A_arms. Compression and preload adjustable, no rebound adjusters.

denny, why pay the fees? why not just put up a price.see if you could sell them here.

john I don't know what they're worth. Maybe I should do a bansheehq'bay and auction em off right here.

ooookay. I can prolly go for the bansheebay sale. But let me say a few things about these shocks, so everyone is clear.

First of all, I would recommend having them rebuilt, but there's also a very good chance that they would bolt up and ride great. I don't know for sure if they'd need rebuilt, I just don't want anyone mad at me. The shocks are almost six years old, but only used for three years, so just the time alone on the shocks would justify having them rebuilt. I think GT Thunder rebuilds both shocks for around $100 bucks.

History. I bought these shocks brand new in the summer of 2002. I put alot of miles of em. I rode em for the 2002, 2003 and 2004 riding seasons. In 2005 I bought my 250r and parked the banshee except for the occasianal rip. So for '05, 06 and '07 the shocks were barely used. I am a trail rider, not an MX rider, these shocks were used for trail riding, they have never seen any racing action and not a whole hellava lot of jumps either, just trail riding. From the day I got em, I always thought the shocks were a little too soft, and I weight about 160 lbs, so you bigger dudes keep that in mind. Anyone over 160 lbs, should have them re-valved for their weight. The shocks have never been in a wreck and have nothing phsyically wrong with em. They look good.

I like the idea of the shocks going to a bansheehq guy, so if you guys are still interested I'll sell em right here, Ebay style. Iv auctioned of banshee parts here before and everything worked out smooth, so I guess we can do it again. The bidding stops basically when no more bids come in, no time frame. I'll give a "goin once, goin twice" warning and someone will get a nice set of front shocks for their banshee.

So after reading all of that, could guys that are interested please start the bidding over again.

-denny