Need some help

I have purchased a 04 Banshee and I need a little help with somthing. This isnt my first 'Shee as I had one in 1999. That bike was all stock and I never had the time or money to any upgrades. This bike that I have now is a little different. When i purchased the bike I was told that it had Toomey T-5 pipes and silencers and had been jetted perfectly. The previous owner also stated that the engine was never opened and was completely stock. When I rode the bike for the first time it scared the shit out of me, but I thought nothing of it as it had been about 8 years since I did any riding. Well the first time out I had some formidalbe competition, along with other banshees, I was riding with a 700Raptor, honda 450r, and a kawi kfx450. At this particular location we had a nice straight dirt road that we used for drag racing. Now mind you I am a big guy weighing in a touch over 300lbs and i expected to get tourched. Well just the opposite happened. I continually beat every bike and nearly walked away in 3rd and forth gear on the 450s. Not to mention the other banshees that ahd the same work done as me. I am curious to know what is going on here. I am thinking that maybe this guy lied to me and this bike is bored out, polished or had the timing done. I know i shouldnt be beating all of these bikes this easily. I was wondering how I could tell if the timing has been changed. Beleive me I am not complaining here, but this is just too weird and I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Rocco

I have purchased a 04 Banshee and I need a little help with somthing. This isnt my first 'Shee as I had one in 1999. That bike was all stock and I never had the time or money to any upgrades. This bike that I have now is a little different. When i purchased the bike I was told that it had Toomey T-5 pipes and silencers and had been jetted perfectly. The previous owner also stated that the engine was never opened and was completely stock. When I rode the bike for the first time it scared the shit out of me, but I thought nothing of it as it had been about 8 years since I did any riding. Well the first time out I had some formidalbe competition, along with other banshees, I was riding with a 700Raptor, honda 450r, and a kawi kfx450. At this particular location we had a nice straight dirt road that we used for drag racing. Now mind you I am a big guy weighing in a touch over 300lbs and i expected to get tourched. Well just the opposite happened. I continually beat every bike and nearly walked away in 3rd and forth gear on the 450s. Not to mention the other banshees that ahd the same work done as me. I am curious to know what is going on here. I am thinking that maybe this guy lied to me and this bike is bored out, polished or had the timing done. I know i shouldnt be beating all of these bikes this easily. I was wondering how I could tell if the timing has been changed. Beleive me I am not complaining here, but this is just too weird and I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Rocco

take the side cover off and you'ill see if you got an after market plate.............by the way if your shee is geared better that also helps...dont be to surprise but a well tuned piped shee is a serious contender for any new 4stroke........but thats just my opinion

I have purchased a 04 Banshee and I need a little help with somthing. .....blah blah blah....

Thanks

Rocco

Well...first off Mr. Rocco.

1- Learn how to spell "tourched".

B- polishing doesn't make you any faster...just shinier. Maybe porting is the word you are looking for.

IV- I comes before E, except after C

But yes, his bike is stupidly fast. I doubt it has to do with timing as it has much more power top end as well as mid range.

He's much faster than my bike which has Pro Circuits and a fresh top end(but i think my jetting is slightly off).