cool head?

ok i was talking to the guy that does most of the work on my bike about a cool head. we were actually talking about a friend but we were on the subject. i asked if he had one layin around my buddy needed one. he procceded to tell me that he doesnt suggest it. he said that there are other better ways to make sure your engine doesnt run hot. he said something about a water impeller or something about the water pump part. what do coolheads do? are they worth it?

ok i was talking to the guy that does most of the work on my bike about a cool head. we were actually talking about a friend but we were on the subject. i asked if he had one layin around my buddy needed one. he procceded to tell me that he doesnt suggest it. he said that there are other better ways to make sure your engine doesnt run hot. he said something about a water impeller or something about the water pump part. what do coolheads do? are they worth it?

In my honest opinion. The cool head does cool better, and gives you the bonus of regulating youre compression. I ran one for 11 yrs now thing rocks! Nuff said

so the different heads or domes changes the compression? what does that do?

Domes come in cubic centimeters (cc's). The smaller the number cc, the more compression. It makes a smaller combustion chamber. You get the head, and removable domes. So, you can change them out for whatever riding you plan on doing. 17cc would typically be the smallest dome, with the highest compression. Most people on here, from what I've read, use 21cc domes. Personally, I have 18cc's. And yes, they do cool somewhat better, but higher compession makes more heat, and calls for more octane. I vote to get it. I have a ProDesign, and love it. Alot of people on here use NOSS. Personal preference.

more compression gives you more low end torque. to be safe on 93 pump gas, i wouldn't run a dome smaller than 20cc. one of my buddies has 19cc domes on his pro design, but he runs a 50/50 mix of race gas and 93 octane to be safe. i hear from more people that the noss machine head is better, but i think some of it boils down to personal preference. the smaller domes would be more ideal for high altitude situations, and the larger domes for low altitudes.

ok when you say 93 octane, do you mean just 93 octane? no premix? the guy i bought my bike off of said i could do that with high enough octane but the guy who set it up for me told me to run like 50:1 or something. all i know is i dump 100:1 oil for 6 galloons into 5 gallons of gas then put it in my quad.

ok when you say 93 octane, do you mean just 93 octane? no premix? the guy i bought my bike off of said i could do that with high enough octane but the guy who set it up for me told me to run like 50:1 or something. all i know is i dump 100:1 oil for 6 galloons into 5 gallons of gas then put it in my quad.

WHAT?????????No matter what octane you use, you still have to pre-mix oil. 32:1 is a good all around ratio. 4 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas. That's what I mix, and so do alot of people on here. NEVER run straight gas.

WHAT?????????No matter what octane you use, you still have to pre-mix oil. 32:1 is a good all around ratio. 4 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas. That's what I mix, and so do alot of people on here. NEVER run straight gas.

i didnt think so. that what the guy told me. i never have.