Shee is running hot... HELP!

I have made a earlier post on what to do to make my bike run cooler...

1. Change my grill (it blocks a good 90% of the air flow)

2. Check my jetting....

3 check impeller shaft.

4. Run engine ice...

well for number one i Am going to get a new grill anyways. for number 2 i just took out my spark plugs today and they have a nice tanish brownish color... there not white at all and there not that black but they look prerfect to me but i could be wrong. If you want me to post pics i maybe can later... For number 3 I am planning on checkin my stock impeller shaft to make sure it is not melted ad replacing it with a pro design impeller. I have a few quetions. To check the impeller shaft do you have to split th cases? I really have no clue how to do it. any help on how to remove it would be helpful. number 4 about the engine ice i dont know if it cools the bike own for sure but ill be running it anyways...

impellar is easy, just pull the clutch cover and its in the front part of the clutch lever, you get to the impellar by removing the front outer part of the clutch cover and there is a circlular plate with a little piece that sticks off from it and you can pull that and see the impellar. Just remeber by doing this you will be removing the oil and the water/anti freeze out of it

if any of that is wrong i know it will be jumped on and corrected

you have to pull the whole clutch cover off first. You need to drain your oil and anti-freeze first. then take the clutch cover off. Then you can take the half moon cover off and inside that you have to take off the 5 or 6 screwsthat hold the waterpump cover on. then flip the clucth cover over and romove the clip that hold the plastic gear. Then you can pull the waterpump out. You should check and make sure ur waterpump bearing is good too.

you have to pull the whole clutch cover off first. You need to drain your oil and anti-freeze first. then take the clutch cover off. Then you can take the half moon cover off and inside that you have to take off the 5 or 6 screwsthat hold the waterpump cover on. then flip the clucth cover over and romove the clip that hold the plastic gear. Then you can pull the waterpump out. You should check and make sure ur waterpump bearing is good too.

Take the brake lever and foot peg off, pull all screws after all th oil and antifreeze r drained( sounds like uve never been before) its all good. The water impeller is inside the case like he said. Youll see the plastic gear when ya get the side case off. No big deal. Let us know how it goes

mann i drained he coolant and oil but i thoughtit would be easier then my yfz450... when i had to replace the shaft and all o-rings i had to take EVERYTHING off... foot peg brake, lever, whole clutch cover, actualy pump cover. It sounds like the same concept pretty much just thought it would be easier since it's a shee but guess not...

Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it.

Will keep you guys informed on how it went

Get the one from Fast. It has metal in the middle so it won't rip...and can be reused.

Or, you can put a thin coat of RTV on both sides of the gasket, let it semi-dry, and assemble it. That will help it resist tearing as well

anyone know of the cheapest place to buy the pro design impeller???

i looked at F.A.S.T. racing and they have it for 79.95$ and im sure more for shipping. but i found one on ebay for only 69.75$ plus shipping which is 7.00$ so that would only be around 75 bucks

honestly man jeff at fast will ship right away,as opposed to some douche on ebay who may never ship it,its worth the extra to get it from someone reputable,just my 2 cents but i just got one from him the other day and couldnt be happier with the shiiping time,plus the business relationship you build is worth it when you have problems.