can sm1 skool me on painting my plastics

hey guyz,im planning on painting my old crappy ass fenders,ill be race cutting them this week,i have an air compressor and a color gun,i want to no a few things,is brake fluid gd for stripping,and after tha paint is all out of tha fenders what should i do,should i just start painting it or do i need to do some things before paintings,and do i need an oven for painting and after painting,or can i just let it to dry over night, is there anything i should do to tha fenderz after painting,and btw wats a clear coat,i used tha search and didnt get any steps,thnx guyz

sa3ood :evil:

Edited by sa3ood_banshee

Prep work is the key to a good paint job.. I have skimped on this before and it looks like shit when its done. Depends on what kind of clear you use if it will be chemical resistant or not... I will write more later, I gotta go back to work.

hey man ... names jeff

im 21 and work for gm as a mechanical tech

just bought myself my first quad ...

still gettin shipped actually but its a 89 that was rebuilt in 2000 by trinity with the 420 stroker and alot of other mods ...

dont know to much about quads yet but im learning and i've always cought on really quick ...

but what i do know is general mechanics and have alot of body work experiance ...

went to school for auto body and have restored multiple cars with both my brother and dad be4 i went to school for it ...

about the brake fluid for a stripper ... very bad idea ... any stripper is bad to use on fiberglass or plastics ... they soak it up and will usually make the paint buble in a few hrs to months after it is painted ...

personally i would just sand the plastics be4 you paint them

use 220 grit to knock it down then prime and resand with 420 or 500 grit ...

then paint ...

a single stage will probably work fine as long as you store it indoors all the time

but a base coat clear coat would be alot better

more resistant to sun fadeing ...

but it'll be a little more expensive and more work cause you have the extre layer to paint ...

after the painting depending on your skills as a painter you might want to wet sand and polish it

if you are considering doing that be sure you put the clear on thick enough ... just add an extra coat or two ...

if you have any other questions or concerns feel free t ask ...

oh and when you get the paint you should ask about a flex agent ... its for painting flexable plastics such as bumpers and such on cars ... its just to keep the paint from cracking and doing the whole spiderweb effect from body vibrations and flexing ...

hey man ... names jeff

im 21 and work for gm as a mechanical tech

just bought myself my first quad ...

still gettin shipped actually but its a 89 that was rebuilt in 2000 by trinity with the 420 stroker and alot of other mods ...

dont know to much about quads yet but im learning and i've always cought on really quick ...

but what i do know is general mechanics and have alot of body work experiance ...

went to school for auto body and have restored multiple cars with both my brother and dad be4 i went to school for it ...

about the brake fluid for a stripper ... very bad idea ... any stripper is bad to use on fiberglass or plastics ... they soak it up and will usually make the paint buble in a few hrs to months after it is painted ...

personally i would just sand the plastics be4 you paint them

use 220 grit to knock it down then prime and resand with 420 or 500 grit ...

then paint ...

a single stage will probably work fine as long as you store it indoors all the time

but a base coat clear coat would be alot better

more resistant to sun fadeing ...

but it'll be a little more expensive and more work cause you have the extre layer to paint ...

after the painting depending on your skills as a painter you might want to wet sand and polish it

if you are considering doing that be sure you put the clear on thick enough ... just add an extra coat or two ...

if you have any other questions or concerns feel free t ask ...

oh and when you get the paint you should ask about a flex agent ... its for painting flexable plastics such as bumpers and such on cars ... its just to keep the paint from cracking and doing the whole spiderweb effect from body vibrations and flexing ...

ok thnx a million man,tc

sa3ood :evil: