rewired but running in tors/park brake program

hiya ive completly rewired my shee with battery ect,whats happening now is shees in park brake/tors bloody program,ticks over but wont rev up.

from the cdi i have only used 3 wires, the orange to coil,the red/black to key switch,and the black to coil/key/stator/frame/battery.left over i have a black/white and a black/yellow,im sure these were left unconnected when i was using her before. any body know what im doing wrong????

thanks..... :biggrin:

i have no tors or sensors or cables.ive got the black wire already attached to the coil - and stator and battery ect.i cant suss it out and dont want to fry my cdi.i have a battery because im street legal with my shee,gotta run side lights/indicators/horn/speedo,ect ect, and need a battery system to juice it all.

why could it be that when my headlights are on she runs fine and if i switch them off shee seems to be in tors program? something to do wit earth somewhere??? ive double checked and copperpasted every connection,shees wired at the moment with the red/black from cdi and black tp the keyswich and cdi and coil,orange to coil and green/yellow to earth. when the lights on,fine,when off..... TORS?? strange.

i believe that snop is right, the yellow green is the park brake wire. My 95 does not have this wire but the 2000 does. Red black is the factory key switch wire. Must be grounded in the run position, open in off postion. The black/white is the kill wire for the factory on off switch. Open to run, grounded to kill. You should have that insulated off if you arent running the kill switch

i believe that snop is right, the yellow green is the park brake wire. My 95 does not have this wire but the 2000 does. Red black is the factory key switch wire. Must be grounded in the run position, open in off postion. The black/white is the kill wire for the factory on off switch. Open to run, grounded to kill. You should have that insulated off if you arent running the kill switch

ok,what with the green/yellow? leave open or what?at the moment ive got her to earth but ive got a sneeky feeling it shouldnt? maybe why she runs funny with lights off??

unground it then.

I got a feeling you have an exposed ac wire somewhere that when the lights are off its trying to go to ground through the frame and making the ground on the bike non-existent. Is your harness all wrapped and taped up?

ye is all taped n cable tied up.ive very carefully laid all power cables and earths,soldered all joints,im going to make n earth strap from engine to frame,and check my stator earth. but your right sounds as if there is an ac power short.could the stator be shorting out when the lights are off? maybe from a chipped copper wire? does anybody know whats the best thing to insulate chips on the stator windings?? thankyou.....

ok,what with the green/yellow? leave open or what?at the moment ive got her to earth but ive got a sneeky feeling it shouldnt? maybe why she runs funny with lights off??

Streetshee, I cant answer your question about the light issue, but i did find my supplemental wiring diagram for the later model bikes and it does state that the yellow/green wire on the CDI is in fact the wire for the parking brake interlock. If you have that wire grounded it is in park mode. You need to remove it from ground and insulate it off and all should be good as related to that problem.