sleeve inside a sleeve anyone seen this?

so i just bought a major project banshee and when looking at the cylinders there has been a sleeve put inside of another sleeve i have never seen or heard of this? is this good at all? what are the ups and downs about it? should i just pull both out and resleeve it correctly?

resleeving is pretty costly.. you might be better off buyin some used stock cylinders off ebay and selling yours on ebay. I'd be worried about the inner sleeve moving.

I think when you resleeve a banshee cylinder you do not cut out all the original steel sleeve, so It will appear you have a sleeve in a sleeve. I seem to remember that from LA Sleeves website. Maybe somebody can confirm that.

Fouledout421 I took you would sell junk on ebay to pass it on when I read you post. I hope if you sold cylinders like that you would desribe them correctly.

Edited by Lepew

That looks a bit odd to me.. I've had 3 sets sleeved and none of them looked like that. :geek:

As for me selling junk on ebay. I kinda resent that statemate... I dont sell Junk and never will.

And anyone that has ever bought anything from me will vouche for that!

Check my feedback sometime Cutie0921 (I know.. my wife made it)

You can ask anyone here.. I describe everything 110% right down the the smallest scratch.

And them cylinders are FAR from being junk. A set of cylinders that need resleeved sell for 100.00+ all day long. Take that 100.00 and put it with the 200+ you'd pay to have them resleeved and you could buy a set of stock or ported cylinders off ebay. I paid 300.00 for a set that came with brand new pistons. That was my point of selling them on ebay. Not to screw people. :down:

As for me selling junk on ebay. I kinda resent that statemate... I dont sell Junk and never will.

And anyone that has ever bought anything from me will vouche for that!

Check my feedback sometime Cutie0921 (I know.. my wife made it)

You can ask anyone here.. I describe everything 110% right down the the smallest scratch.

Word...

100% fair and honest, sometimes too much because he could lose money and time.

In all my dealings with Shayne, they've been 100% legit, exactly as described....and more than timely.