vito superstock forged pistons

are the vito superstock forged pistons really worth the $238? they claim 6hp in the midrange and 8hp on the top end. do they really work well? how do the pistons make more hp? are the intake ports on the piston sides bigger or something, to really let the air/fuel into the cylinders?

so, then the vito & wsm pistons are junk? do they not hold up to their 6hp midrange and 8hp top end claim? I've delt more with snowmobiles, where we used wiseco pistons, but with the atv's, there are more choices of different brand pistons, so i don't know whos are the best. i plan on porting my banshee myself, using one of those race logic templates, so then wouldn't i see some kind of a gain from the vito's or wsm's with the larger intake ports? i have fmf fatty pipes now, running into fmf power core II silencers. the carbs are stock bore, but i have the snorkel removed from airbox, with a k&n. i'm going to be soon changing to a foam uni-filter, cause it seems like the k&n passes too much debris through.

Vito's and WSM pistons are not junk. At this point my WSM pistons are just as reliable as wiseco's for me. I put a set of superstock pistons into a banshee 4-5 yrs ago and its just now needing a topend. I can't really tell ya if there was a power gain or not.. Only way to tell that for sure is with a dyno before and after.. But I will say the bike rand pretty damn good for what it had.

If your going to get the vito's pistons and your going to get your motor ported, don't get superstock pistons. Look into the power pistons. They dont change the exhaust port timing.

IMO if the Vito's pistons are overpriced for what you get. If your looking for power gains the money could be better spent else where.