lift for rear end?

cvbadass

has anyone ever tried to lift the rear of the banshee? what is the best way with out spending alot of money? can i use a longer shock, or just remount the shock to a higher location? I want to lift it enough so it sits level and doesn't squat so much when i sit on it.

Buy a new spring.

I know i can get a new spring but I would like a more level ride without having too stiff of a spring. ever since i went to a +2 swinger, i ride lower. nobody has ever wanted to raise the rear a little? :shrug:

Edited by cvbadass

With the proper spring rate increase it will ride no different that it did with a factory spring and arm. You have increased leverage on the coil with the longer swinger, so you need to proportionately increase the spring rate to compensate.

Or rig up some brackets? I dunno.

With the proper spring rate increase it will ride no different that it did with a factory spring and arm. You have increased leverage on the coil with the longer swinger, so you need to proportionately increase the spring rate to compensate.

Or rig up some brackets? I dunno.

Racer's advice is spot on! If you've adjusted the pre-load collars and haven't found a desirable result then you'll need a new spring. Shane

Racer's advice is spot on! If you've adjusted the pre-load collars and haven't found a desirable result then you'll need a new spring. Shane

I have a new spring with a higher spring rate to put on, I just wanted to jack up the rear a little also. I guess i will have a bracket made, just looking to see everyones ideas.

yeah i have wondered how i could do that also. I ride alot of trails aroundhere in pa and it seems like i always bottom out when its rutted. I have a skid plate on it and it just hangs up on everything but its good to have around here with all the rocks and such

yeah i have wondered how i could do that also. I ride alot of trails aroundhere in pa and it seems like i always bottom out when its rutted. I have a skid plate on it and it just hangs up on everything but its good to have around here with all the rocks and such

A GT Thunder revalve and Eibach spring would turn it into a whole new shock and give you what you looking for if you dont have the cash for the LT Elka shock and LT Linkage.

i would never put ricer parts on my banshee. eibach. imagine.

id have to cover that shit with a shockwears if your bottoming out, your outta wack on the adjustment. i can give you the procedures right outta the clymer if you like.