What are some good parts to throw on a stock banshee for MX

Bio_HaZerd

Hey guys I just found a cool MX track here up in Libby, Mt. I am buying a Banshee here shortly and it will most likely be stock, so I was wondering if you guys knew any important things to tell me about MX.

The track is mainly used for Dirt bikes, but they said if we get enough atv MXers then they'll let us start racing up there. This will be my first time racing anything thing on a track, and my first time owning an atv this powerful as well so I am just wondering about what upgrades to get. Before this banshee all i have really messed around with was a Yamaha Timber wolf =[. But that is beside the point, I will be using my banshee mainly for trail riding, possibley XC, and most likely mainly MX.

Anyways any help is VERY appreciated! Thank you!

um if i had to guess id say, upgrade your suspension to handle the jumps, and turns

maybe some xtended a arms, shocks, xtended axle

mayb some pipes or engine work?

dont the tracks have regulations on different mods u can do( like different classes or somethin?)

Shorten the swing arm, find a good used front end (shocks/a arms, or you could do the YFZ450 a arm/shock swap) some low-midrange pipes, you have to have nerfs and a kill switch for most any track to race, an axle, and some 18" tires. That's the short sweet undetailed list of things that will make your track time much more bearable and make you faster/more consistant.

If you have questions on which pipes to get, what gearing, what tires feel free to ask. Me and plenty others here can answer most if not all of your questions. :cool:

You're gonna love track riding and the power of the banshee, it's a whole new world. :happy:

i would run some paul turner mid range pipes with duncan fat boy2 silencers best pipes for low end power on the market. and i would run 14 tooth front sproket i have a 13 with 18in tires and you shift way too much, the rest everyone covered so i hope you got what you need out of this if not dont be afraid to asked just like he^^^^^^^^ said.

Derick

Edited by ThE_BaNsHeE_mAn88

• 1 month later...

Don't wanna start a thread for nothing. We'll use this one.

I think there are good points in this thread but I would like to know if it would be a good idea to create an MX banshee recipe : the things you have to do first and what can it be done for bigger budget.. (I don't know if someone understand what I wrote..)

I guess that we are looking for low/midrange power and so good acceleration..

Like :

. Get a bike

. Be sure the bike is in shape.

. Get YFZ450 arms and a kind of good travel dampers (YFZ, Z400 etc.) and invert the rear tires to get the bike larger.

. Good tires

. Sprokets for faster acceleration

. Performance Air filter

. Paul Turner midrange pipes

. Single Carb conversion

. Axle

At this time, we can expect like 50hp and 35lbs/tq ? (I really don't know, please correct me)

I think it would really help a lot of people and stop people starting thread for an information already there.. !

p.s. Sorry for mistake, English isn't a language I'm using often..