I want to race, but where would I?

Bio_HaZerd

Hi guys, I decided to get a banshee and start racing. I am a little over half way saving up for one but with my job it won't be much longer, say 2-4 months >.<, till I get one. I am 16 right now and I have no experience racing any kind of vehicle really, besides racing my friends through the woods on a p.o.s. Yamaha timber wolf... But Price wise I think a banshee would be a perfect Atv to start out racing on.

Thing is i want to start either X.C. Or maybe even start drag racing on dirt. or hill climbing contests or something, But I have no clue where I would race around here. If I had to I could drive my Atv to other states, but I am looking for someplace much closer, If anyone hears, or knows of, a place around these parts to race or even joy ride with some cool guys give me a holler. Thank you! :happy:

Well the way you set your bike up is really what you should stick with. I wouldn't set it up for drag and hillshooting when you want to XC race or trail ride. There's different routes you can take as far as setting your shee up and the way your talking i would set it up trail slash XC. May be a little young to start out drag racing cause you better have a deep pocket or you'll be left in the dust.

Yeah I actually wanted a XC/Trail set up. But back to the main point... Are there any XC races around the Northwestern parts of the U.S.?

And also any ideas on what kind of upgrades i would want for XC and trail riding. Remember I'm on a limited budget so just like cheaper upgrades that would help the most for those activities.

Thank you.

hey im not sure about where u could race in montana, the only thing id say is try to search for places on the net....but as far as setups go for a xc banshee....u are gonna want some low end pipes, i have fmf gnarlies, they work great, some people dont like them, but i love them, i can keep up with a 450 all day on the trails.... another thing is u want some good tires....we are talkin like kenda klaws or gncc tires. depending on how tight the course is u might wanna keep ur aarms the stock length, mine are 2 plus 1 but u definatly will want a set of nice adjustable shocks. i have elkas , but if u are short on cash, go to craigslist or on here, and find someone with yfz450 shocks, they also work well, i had those the first few harescrambles i raced in. once u get out there and race a few times, then u can maybe do more mods to your bike, but keep it simple for now, ur gonna need alot of endurance to race a harescramble. so like i said, get ur self some low end pipes, then some better suspension, after u got those 2 things and u have some money left over, go for the tires.