Almost hole in the piston

rtcc

Ok, guys. Yesterday I started this thread over on E2S but I would like as much feedback as I can get.

here is the link if you want to read through that. It has pictures too.

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/banshe...nto-piston.html

ok so, I have been having some wierd mid throttle missing. It doesnt pop or backfire its just a straight up gurgle, like the plugs fouled.

I cant figure out if its electrical or if its something else. It goes away at WOT and after it sits for awhile, and sometimes it doesnt do it at all. So I thought maybe water was getting in there or stator is dying.

Anyway, I pulled the head yesterday to check it out cause I had to ride on it awhile like that. Well I had a thumb size dent in the top of the piston where it was starting to melt and also some chips on the front side of the pistons. I have the noss head and I think I had a small leak, but I also know the dent is from running really hot and lean. So I think the two are unrelated. The dent could have been from awhile ago, like a jet got clogged for a short time or something.

So I guess my main question is about the mid throttle missing, I really got to figure it out. I dont want to rebuild just to have the same problem again. Do you think the chips could have had an impact on the compression and made it run like that? Or is it more likely something else?

thanks guys I really got to figure this out.

sorry for the book!

>FMF Gold Series Pipes/powercore silencers

>noss head 20cc domes

>Ported stock reed cages w/TDR reeds

>T.M. Designworks case saver

>Barnet Dirt Digger Clutch

>13 tooth front sprocket

elevation is around 1200 ft.

I know that I must have went lean for a short time, but I really dont think my jetting is off. I have been very vigilant about checking the plugs and watching the weather. I have it running perfect at around 20* outside so when its higher it runs pretty rich. It was about 65 the other day it happened. I do know there was a head leak but man the mid throttle thing is what gets me. I have gone to every spot on the needle to see if it was lean or rich, right now I have it pretty rich. And doing the choke trick, made it want to die almost, I know its not lean.

The more I think about it though, I do remember a few weeks back one of my friends was riding it and there was 2 backfires out of the left side and some white smoke. I told him to shut it off, and I checked the plug. It seemed to be ok, and then it never did it again. I think it might have had a small clog that made it go lean for a short time.

but still doesn explain the mid throttle crap.