Quick brake question

Leigh

i live out in CT and we have gotten alot of rain the past few weeks so i have been riding in alot of water. It caused my slides in my rear brake caliper to freeze up and lock the brakes on me when i hit them. i tried to remove the alan bolt and take it off but it was striped. So i had to weld a nut to it to get it off. Now my question is does anyone know where i can buy just the slides and the rubber boots with out buying the whole caliper?

Thanks in advance

any dealer. look at http://www.albaaction.com/parts/partfinder.htm and fine your bike. look through the oem parts and find the stuff you need. send the parts to your basket and write down your part numbers. go to any dealer and they ca get them for you. dont buy from the place i sent u the link too. they are garbage i just use the oem part finder off thier site cause its ez to use.

http://216.37.204.206/alba/Yamaha_OEM/Yama...;A=145&B=31

I think i need #11. they call it the pin pad. but one of mine has a alan head and one doesnt. and i dont see the rubber boots.

The one with the alan head is there like a metal sleve that is suppost to come out with it? because it looks like it is stuck over the top of the piece that i can buy #11,

Has any one ever had to replace them i am really confused?

Here is a picture of what i have. The red arrows are to show the nut i welded to it so that doesnt belond there. Now did that whole thing come out of the caliper and it wansnt suppost to? should the bolt only have come out?

cid__media111.jpg

Edited by Leigh

if its not on the oem parts list you cant buy it single. you will have to get a new caliper online. buy them off ebay, you can get them cheap. or talk to NYUK on here he parts bikes all the time. that bolt will comeout. but it looks like you beat the piss out of it to get it out, your going to need a new one. but it doesnt look like you can buy a new one. so just repalce the whole caliper.