D-link's HOSESHIT pile of a website

inthemail

i uninstalled it. no i ont have the cd i told there stupid cunts on the phone this all night longtrying to get this up, im a self taught network technician. i can set up a static ip and ping to resolve issues regarding the fact that i dont have a fucking rightous connection. i told them. i know what im doing here but they dont listen because they wont take the time to LOOK at their fucking website and what rap you get to download. i have searched through about 10 other cards for the utility and i still cant find the utility. it ssupposed to be bundled with the driver dL (of course 4 phone reps told me it was.) and it doesnt work, so what need. is a simple zipped copy of the fucking air plus g tray utility because their gay crap wont work woithout it for FUCK SAAAAAKEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY here on the hq much have one of these cards plugged into a laptop..... take a look, heres the site for reference. its a D-Link DWL-G630 AirPLUS wireless LAN card. i lost the cd and they DONT have a backup on their website, did a google seems countless other people have problems with the site and their HORRIBBLE 15 YEAR OLD STYLE ATTEMPT AT BUILDING IT.

Visit Dink-Link and see my plight.

sorry, i have been awake for 24 hours, (12 of which i spent at work walking amongst 134 noisy banging 10 foot wide iron looms manufacturing woven tarp ran by 10 noisy ragging hot flashing old bitches)

its a hard life payin for the banshee habit working on old shitbox computers because you cant afford better ones (that would cut into the parts budget :down: )

That sucks man, we have Time Warner Cable where i live and takes a act of god to reach somebody that works for there company to get them to come out and look at the problem. then they have there so called tech support line and i think 16 year old highschool kids work in that department. All internet service providers or anything to do with that suck. I do like the speed but when you have a problem it's a big problem.

just woke up after a nap to refresh my thought. the 4th call begins.......

........aaaaaand they told me i have to wait for a senior technician to call me back fucking stupid fools. mabye they can get to work and fix there website and CHECK there downloads.

Edited by inthemail

Two things...what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this utility?

Second, why not just throw it in the trash, and get a Linksys card....???

And which revision is your card.

i pretty much need the utility to make the card function properly, i have established this.

i may JUST throw it in the trash yet, but it communicates fine with my router so why bother?

im running revision b

the problem im havin (insert your name here dajogejr you post back @ me alot :) ) is the router communicates fine back and forth with my router, but without the utility it wont allow an iprelease/iprenew command. i get an error every time i try and repair the connection. i en tried to set it up to have a static ip and it did not work. i fixed the problem i had with it at my friends house tryin to connect it, ( i think ) but before i started last night i deleted all history of it ever being installed on the computer to"start fresh" i was only having driver issues at that time. (which have been corrected) now without the utility, their tech support cant properly diagnose my problem.

Regardless of the utility, you can refresh/renew your IP via a command prompt, for wireless or wired connections.

You do NOT need to use their utility.

Start

Run

type cmd

click ok

Type ipconfig /all

You should see your adapter here.

type ipconfig /release

Type ipconfig /renew

You do not need their utility, IP is DOS based, believe it or not. You can do any command in DOS as you can using their GUI utility, and more...I promise.

If you can connect to the router, but not the net, start looking at firewall or other programs that may be blocking you.

If it's that bad, give you wireless card a static IP and be done with it. Then go buy a linksys...

What version of Windows, by the way?